Has anyone had surgery at Virtua hospital in Mt. Holly, NJ

patcat1964
on 9/8/11 7:34 am - Riverside, NJ
RNY on 03/15/11 with
Hi

My daughter is schedule for Oct 4 and the doctor is new to Virtua in Mt. Holly.  Does anyone know if you can have someone stay through the night while they are in there.  I havent been able to get any answers from anyone. (doctor or hospital). 

I had surgery at Lourdes in Willingboro NJ and my daughter was able to stay with me through the two days i was in.

Elizabeth N.
on 9/8/11 12:39 pm - Burlington County, NJ
In my experience their policy is generally that you'd have to hire a private duty person (nurse or aide?) for overnights and that family members are only allowed to stay with minors. That could have changed since my last stay there, though.

JenniferAtVirtua
on 9/11/11 11:44 pm
Hello...I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries as a Virtua employee, but I came across your post and wanted to help. I called the administrative director of surgical services at Virtua in Mount Holly and she told me that it's very common for one partent to stay over night with their child. So, you'll be able to stay over night with your daughter. I hope this is helpful.
patcat1964
on 9/12/11 5:58 am - Riverside, NJ
RNY on 03/15/11 with
Hi Jennifer

Thanks so much for asking for me.  I havent been able to get a answer.  My daughter is 24 and is having major surgery fon October 4th and hasnt had surgery before.
JenniferAtVirtua
on 9/12/11 6:27 am
You are welcome! Hope all goes well!
patcat1964
on 9/12/11 10:24 am - Riverside, NJ
RNY on 03/15/11 with
Hi

We had our support group meeting tonight and i got a chance to talk to Dr. Wasser about it.  And he said there will be no problem with me staying.  He will put it in her chart that i am staying with her.  Thanks for all your help.

Pat
Most Active