always hungery

REININGCHICK
on 9/9/11 8:43 am - AZ

Why am i feeling hungery all the time!!!!!
i dont get it. i eat my protein.......i do not drink after meals. if i do its small sips.

ugh. i know i have a bad habit of snagging a candy lately from a lady that has a huge bowl of chocolates. i just feel like i can never get  enough food.

btw im 2 years out and still need to lose 50lbs. im down 126lbs

Kathleen W.
on 9/9/11 10:23 am - Lancaster, PA
The sugar could be the cuplrit.  The more sugar that you eat, the more you want to eat, like a stimulant.  Cut the crap out of your diet and see how you make out.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

JodiBoda
on 9/9/11 10:37 am - Butler, PA
Chocolate makes you hungry.  I learned that at WWatchers a number of years ago.  Even when you count it in your calories as an allowed treat, if you eat it on a regular basis, it will make you hungry.  Bummer, eh? 

I wouldn't say to never eat it again, but just as a treat every now and then so that it doesn't work against you. 

Congrats on the 126 you've lost...that's a GREAT accomplishment whether you lose the last 50 or not.  Give yourself a pat on the back instead of those chocolates. 

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

Catch22
on 9/9/11 1:34 pm
I am hungry all the time and I do not eat any sugar.  It drives me CRAZY when I read stories of people who had gastric bypass and "have to be reminded to eat".......
AnneGG
on 9/9/11 2:54 pm
I'm one of the hungry ones, too. I was nauseated continually my first 4 months post-op, and when the nausea finally went away, BAM came the hunger.

I manage with small frequent protein rich meals 5-6 a day and keeping very active. I do air-popped popcorn if I've got to nosh, or cherry tomatoes, snap peas, or baby carrots.

I do know I'm a carb addict, and carbs just make me hungry for more. So I don't do sugar. Ice cream makes me dump, which is a good thing.

I try to manage just one day at a time. Overeaters Anonymous has been very valuable and helpful for me.

You have done a hell of a good job getting down 126 lbs!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active