OT: Can America handle having a *fat* president?

Merk
on 10/4/11 6:10 am
It is too bad if his weight played into his decision.  I was really hoping he would enter the race.  We need an honest conservative man like him.  I would not be surprised if he has WLS some day and enters the Presidential race in the future.
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 7:29 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On October 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM Pacific Time, Merk wrote:
It is too bad if his weight played into his decision.  I was really hoping he would enter the race.  We need an honest conservative man like him.  I would not be surprised if he has WLS some day and enters the Presidential race in the future.
 Honest conservative     ( and I extend that to all politicians.)
glzgowlass
on 10/4/11 12:10 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
re Honest conservative.

Seeing as we are playing games (for Jaade)  I'd now like to add jeopardy.  "Alex.  What is an oxymoron?"

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/4/11 10:21 am
One of my WLS friends has a little anectdote about mean comments about weight and it's this: Why is it when you are fat and get in a disagreement with someone, one of the first things they will say is something about your weight? eg, fat *****     

People seem to attack what they can about appearance. Fat, thin, short, tall, old, young, etc.
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 12:26 pm - TX
 I'm reminded of the Nixon-Kennedy Debates.  They had the first EVER televised debate.  Until that point they'd all been radio only.

In polling data after this debate, it was found that the people who heard the debate on the radio felt Nixon had won, hands down.  Among those who watched the debate on TV, Kennedy won.

Looks have been a major component in elections ever since.  William Howard Taft (BMI 42.3) would NEVER had made it necessary to install a larger tub in the the White House if he'd run today. (Rumor is he got stuck in the original)

KathyA999
on 10/4/11 1:44 pm
Yes, America could handle having a "fat" president, despite the meanness - as long as the president's a man.  Can you IMAGINE a fat woman, even the smartest, most qualified person in the country, even running for the job, let alone winning?  Yeah right. 

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

glzgowlass
on 10/5/11 2:40 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
They don't even let them read the news far less elect them. (with the exception of Candy Crowley who I'm not a fan of anyway)

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

sunnymicki
on 10/4/11 11:59 pm
I don't think America would ever elect a fat (ie more than slightly overweight) president.  While much of America is overweight or obese, we also HIGHLY value fitness and the appearance of health.  The Nixon/Kennedy debates are a prime example, but studies have been done since then that show the same thing.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

tripmom02
on 10/5/11 3:46 am - NJ
 I don't care how big he is, he is a douche. I can't even stand to look at a picture of him, not b/c of the way he looks but b/c he infuriates me every time he opens his mouth. I kinda wish he would have run, so we could have been rid of him, but the truth is Kim Guadagno would be no prize to have running the state either so it was a lose/lose situation for us.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active