Wednesdsay Eats

happypeach
on 10/19/11 11:18 am - Rome, GA
Happy Hump Day Comments
Been a "hungry" day for me!  But survived it .... a little higher calories but still not a bad day! Walked 4 miles!

B:  Egg, bacon & cheese
L:  2 salmon patties, 1 baked chicken leg
S:  1/4 c. lowfat granola, wheat bagel w/low sugar grape jelly
D:  2 scrambled eggs, 2 oz. chicken & 1 oz cheese in an X-treme fiber tortilla.

Totals: 
1469 calories
72 fats
70 carbs
121 proteins

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

NanaRose142
on 10/19/11 11:44 am - TX
I noticed that you are a couple years out from your surgery.  Do you count calories each day?  How do you maintain your weight?  I am assuming you are absorbing more of the food now.  I am going to be having the RNY on the 31st. My daughter is fighting me really hard on this , but I told her  it is something I am doing .  I have researched it and am sure this is what I want but I want to be successful at it.
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
happypeach
on 10/19/11 11:54 am - Rome, GA
Hey Nana Rose,

I am about 2 year and 3 months out from my RNY.  This was the best decision I have ever made for myself.  I have had different phases throughout where I got away from being accountable for my totals each day.  It was during those times that I found myself allowing carbs and sugars to gradually come back into my diet.  Along with that comes more calories and a weight gain.  So, the answer to your question is that if I want to maintain my weight I MUST be accountable and post my food each day.  It makes you aware of how many calories, fats, proteins and carbs you are eating.  It can get out of hand quickly.  Yes, I have had a few small gains within the last few years; however, I quickly took back control and got back to basics.  This surgery will jump start your weight and give you the OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME, but it will be up to you to keep it off, and you HAVE to work your tool and watch what you eat for the rest of your life.  That's the bottom line.  I also walk 4 miles daily, so all of the above are ways I maintain my weight.  Good luck to you!

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

jkjstars123
on 10/19/11 2:14 pm - Tama, IA
Didn't see this when I started another post, sorry

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active