Band removed today revision in 4weeks!

ShanaR
on 10/21/11 9:00 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Just got home from the hospital! Thank god for my new surgeon! After a year of complaining of pain no restriction severe reflux to my old non caring surgeon my problem was found! On my x rays everything always looked good. My old surgeon always thought it was mental!! So today I found out my band grew into my damn liver!!! I ws told that if my previous surgeon actually opened me up he would've noticed this and could have removed it before this got so severe!! I had a chunk of liver removed with my band! I feel like seeking lawyer advice. I feel like my life was not important to my past surgeon. He also placed my band so high that restriction wouldn't of lasted past 3 years because it was obvious a slippage was going to happen. I feel very mis guided by my past surgeon. Very thankful for my new surgeon he is a blessing!! Glad to be here and on my way to recovery!! Thank you to all my OH friends! Great support!,
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown
Hw:280 SW:223.4 CW:199.4 GW:150

TurtleShell
on 10/21/11 9:26 am - WA
Wow, thank goodness you found a surgeon that was able to help you. What are you going to revise to?
ShanaR
on 10/21/11 9:51 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Yes I know! I can't imagine what would've happened if I just did nothing and listened to him! My band would have been completely engulfed in my liver!! The worst part is that he was one of the top in the nation and has been doing WLS since they were introduced in America.. Isn't that unbelievable?! I'm revising to Sleeve. I'm a lightweight and this surgery suits my needs best. I'm just happy it was taken care of now. I will be seeking lawyer advice. In my thoughts this whole ordeal was unacceptable.
"I choose Inner beauty for the first and physical beauty for the Second"-UnKnown

tripmom02
on 10/22/11 7:32 am - NJ
Is Sadek your new doctor or your old doctor? He did my band and I had to have it removed in June, I revised to the sleeve Aug 1st and I LOVE it! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

ShanaR
on 10/22/11 8:11 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
He is my new one! Hes fabulous!! Thank god hes out of robert wood . Im very thankful for him!! To think my old surgeon has been doing this almost 15yrs and Dr sadek is much wiser! I love him!!

tripmom02
on 10/22/11 8:26 am - NJ
 I loved him too, but had to switch b/c he moved offices and was too far away for me to travel too (I love my new doctor too though!) and Dr. Sadek is cute, so that was a plus LOL 

ShanaR
on 10/22/11 8:16 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
How much have you lost since your revision in Aug?

tripmom02
on 10/22/11 8:28 am - NJ
 I have lost 39 lbs since my revision! The big difference is that all my pain is gone, the sleeve does everything for me that the band said it would do and didn't. I have constant restriction, a very clear "stop" signal, I am satisfied after I eat a small amount and my hunger is literally gone (although I know that it will most likely return, it has been a huge blessing during this "honeymoon" phase). 

Good luck with your revision, if you have any questions you can feel free to ask me, I am an open book. 

soulsister
on 10/21/11 9:48 am - NY
Having the band out is a great thing!
ShanaR
on 10/21/11 9:53 am - East Brunswick, NJ
VSG on 11/09/11 with
Tell me about it! After 4years of hell the band needs to be banned!!!

Most Active