Struggling BAD with protein intake

Binda
on 11/3/11 3:42 pm - CA
I had a hard time with this in the beginning and after trying many many proteins ended up with SEI protein (vanilla) and then went on to find muscle milk light to be very doable and then the premier protein (vanilla) and now body fortress.

This is after trying about 20-30 ready to drink and powders. I use water with the SEI and silk or FF milk with everything else.

I'm a coffee lover, give me some coffee in my protein and I'll drink it alllll gone :D
I did caffeine free til they cleared me for coffee then it was allllll over!!

I literally was gagging with protein drinks in the beginning...so you're right where some of us have been!

I'm a bit envious - I get my protein in just fine but the 64 oz? pfft still hard!!

Best
Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Kady
on 11/3/11 10:36 pm - Lancaster County, PA
 I am 6 weeks post op and my dr told me to only expect to get 40-50 grams of protein daily.  It seems if I do better with my water intake,  I don't get all of my protein in and vice versa.  Do the best you can and in the first week ou it sounds like you are doing great.  I still am not reaching 64 oz of water a day!

Elizabeth N.
on 11/4/11 12:34 am, edited 1/1/12 12:22 am - Burlington County, NJ

Philly_dart_girl
on 11/4/11 8:21 am - PA
I had the hardest time trying to get protein in.  We found EAS Myoplex (sp) in a purple square container.  For 17 oz you get 42 grams.  And the taste is not bad at all.  They sell it at Giant, Wal-Mart, BJ's.  And I found if I rinse with water afterwards, i get the after taste (which isn't bad) out of my mouth.
SIMPLYAYESHAW
on 11/4/11 10:40 am - PA
GIRL I FEEL U IM THE SAME WAY THE ONLY THING IS I DONT GET ALL MY FLUIDS N EITHER...ITS LIK DNTWANT NOTHING TO DRINK N THEN WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT ITS TIME TO EAT ND THEN I GTA WAIT THE 30 MIN....IM 3 WEEKS OUT..ND I ALSO DONT LIK MILK SO THE SHAKES SUCK AZZ LOL...I DID FIND THESE PROTIEN SHOTS FROM GNC 42G PROTEIN THY WAS GOOD BUT I THINK THY GAVE ME GAS SI I DONT USE THEM NEMORE GOOD LUCK GIRLY
Most Active