She Told ME To Stop Loosing Weight

huskergalWsD
on 11/17/11 8:47 am

I was in the grocery store today and a lady employee walked by me in the produce isle ~ she said , will you please stop loosing weight. Said everytime she see's me I am thinner..I was just grabbing some chocolate covered raisins.. yea they were in the produce isle, lol...I do eat carbs, I just finished a bowl of goulash..added alot of salsa to it..hot peppers..mmmmm. ..Said she's worked at that store for 17 years and remember's alot of  faces.. I tell her I DO EAT  I eat about every 2 hours..I told her everywhere I go people tell me that.. May just more noticeable now that i no longer wear baggy clothes.. It's amazing the comments I get now after my weight loss, before weight loss I never got any kind of comments good, bad, or indifferent..Have to admit, I think a size Medium is too small for a woman of 6'0 tall..

So how is everyone doing? ..........Peace     Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

walterswife
on 11/17/11 1:48 pm
Comments like those were the norm for me at one point.  I got alot of that at one point.  It was really an adjustment for others to see the weight loss.  I knew where I wanted to be (although 20 lbs more than I weigh now) but I tried not to listen to all the advice.

Enjoy the compliments. You deserve them.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 5:54 pm
 There's  nothing wrong with being a size medium or small or even xsmall at 6 feet tall.  Some people are just built long and lean . 

Im sure Ure just gorgeous and thats why people  notice you!  

BuckeyeGirl
on 11/17/11 11:59 pm - TN
There is nothing wrong with being whatever size, but for us tallies standing at 5'11" and up barefoot, there begins to be a real problem with sleeve length or top length when you go under size L, which can feel awkward.

To the OP, I have the same problem. If you feel kind of awkward in your clothes, maybe take your favorite pieces and invest in a little tailoring, if possible. That way you can kind of forget the size and just know that it fits YOU.

Best,
Lindsey

Heather :o)
on 11/17/11 8:51 pm
I got a cooment the other day that was completely unexpected "If you lose anymore weight you are going to fall out your asshole" 

Ok that was weird, would that be like giving birth to myself but through my butt?
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Judi J.
on 11/17/11 11:18 pm - MN
she may be well intentioned but that is so rude.
MacMadame
on 11/18/11 3:57 am - Northern, CA
" I tell her I DO EAT "

I would have told her to mind her own business. How completely rude and entitled to walk up someone you don't know and criticize their eating habits!

Okay, I probably wouldn't say that exactly -- because I wouldn't want to be rude myself. But I'd say something to make it completely clear that the topic was NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.

I really don't understand why people feel like they have to defend themselves to anyone who questions them. You can't win with these people anyway. Someone witih gall to come up and tell someone they don't know to stop losing weight isn't going to listen to anything you say in your defense anyway.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 4:19 am
 Lol !!  

My mother  ( who is the original  food police and ALWAYS  told me to eat less ) was over my house the other day and  actually encouraged me to EAT  !!! 

Now  THATS  funny !!!     I am so not super-skinny  but  it feels great not to haveto worry  about my burgeoning body size anymore ! 
Most Active