protein level please help

nathsmommy
on 11/26/11 11:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
hi ,i had my rny on june 1 2010  and i have lost 112 lbs.and i was supposed to have skin removal,and breast lift on nov 15  this year.so my dr did bloodwork and my protein level came back at 18  and should have been at least 21.so she had to cancel surgery and put me on a high protein diet for 3 wweks.so for 3 weeks i have been takin in 90-100 grams of protein aday,had bloodwork on the 23.do you think it mayhave went up? and if so maybe to 21 or higher ?  thank you and GOD BLESS
poet_kelly
on 11/27/11 12:15 am - OH
Are you talking about a total protein level?  I've never seen it measured like that.  Usually the normal range is listed ast something like 6.0 - 8.0.

Anyway, if you increased your protein intake significantly, it should have gone up, yes.  Weren't you on a high protein diet already, though?  How much protein had you been getting?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nathsmommy
on 11/27/11 12:58 am - Baltimore, MD
not much at all and i think it was my albumin? does that make any sense   lol  i just hope it is up to at least 21
poet_kelly
on 11/27/11 12:59 am - OH
Yes, that does make sense.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nathsmommy
on 11/27/11 11:29 pm - Baltimore, MD

hi,i kept saying protein but it is prealbumin level and at last check in early nov it was 18 now been on 90-100 brs aday sense then hoping its up to at least 21  had bloodwork on the 23?

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 1:02 am - Woodbridge, VA
90-100g protein daily should be a NORMAL target (or even minimum). If you haven't been getting nough protein consistently, I suggest making a focused effort to do from here on out, regardless of whether you're trying to have another surgical procedure or not. Good luck with your plastics!
Emily F.
on 11/27/11 8:29 am
My protein was lowish and I went to 150g protein in shakes a day PLUS food.
Most Active