weight loss and gas pain

ntine4
on 12/13/11 4:55 am
So i have lost 24 pounds sind 11/29 and im doing okay but started mushy foods and as nice as it is to eat mushy foods im finding it a lil discomfortable. Anyone having this problem or is this how it is once you first start eating?

I had the worst gas pain at least i think that was what it that i thought i was going to die but i took a hot shower and it was gone.

Also is anyone having discomfort still from there incisions?

So Blessed!
on 12/13/11 5:24 am

Did you actually pass gas after this pain episode?

Personally, I don't believe in playing around with severe pain in the gut. 

You should definitely get that checked out.  Doesn't sound normal.
taller_tales
on 12/13/11 7:17 am - MA
We had surgery on the same day. Most of my incisions are healing fine but I still have one (from the drain) that doesn't like being stretched and is still red. Called the office today and they said putting some bacitracin over the scab while also keeping the incisions in open air was appropriate.

I also went home on a form of prilosec since there is definitely a lot of gas build up. Even with that I still get a lot of bubbles. Definitely let your doctor's office know about the pain and ask what you can do. Maybe they can call something in for you or let you know about a more natural remedy.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far!!

ntine4
on 12/13/11 9:55 am
Ya my two incisions are killing me but they have me on nexum. im waiting to see the dr on thursday. It's great to have someone to talk to that had the surgery same day we can go back and forth on what were going through
taller_tales
on 12/13/11 9:59 am - MA
Any time. I think it's a great idea to have a buddy. :) Good luck on Thursday and I hope your incisions feel better.

Are you allowed to take Acetiminophin yet? I was told it was okay to take that for any pain but it seems like everybody has different instructions so definitely go with what your doc says.

Most Active