To Tell Or Not To Tell? Making Black Bean Brownies

huskergalWsD
on 12/21/11 6:08 am
That is the Question.....I am making Black Bean Brownies with dark chocolate frosting w/ Peppermint candies on top for a Christmas family get together for 80+ people .Should I tell  What is in the Brownies before or after?  I am just concerned about if anyone has any food alergies to black beans, could it give some children diarhia? there will be no walnuts or peanuts in them..Merry Christmas     Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/21/11 6:39 am
Have you made them before?  My friend tried one of those Black Bean Brownies recipe and she hated them.  So did the family.   I just made normal brownies.   6 batches for 6 different parties.
It is holidays, so even though I can't eat them, I can't imagine altering a recipe that people love. 

Holidays is about good food. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hockeymom8016
on 12/21/11 10:24 pm - NJ
Someone made them at a support group party I went to and people said they were good.  I did not try them though so I cannot say whether they were good or not.  

huskergalWsD
on 12/21/11 6:43 am
Very well said, thank you

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

MyLady Heidi
on 12/21/11 4:18 pm
 I saw the recipe I thought it was a joke it sounded so disgusting, I would never make such a thing and bring them anywhere.  I have made about ten dozen Christmas cookies since last week and only ate a couple.  For me its about bringing cheer not about me eating cookies.  I would make normal brownies if I were you.
littleskie
on 12/21/11 7:11 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
If you do decide to make the black bean brownies then I would strongly suggest you tell what is in them before people eat them.

Beans give some people unpleasant side effects they may not wish to experience at a party...lol.

Also like any recipe you want to try it before you unveil it at a party. If you like it, then others may too. I have a recipe for them and plan on trying it out, but not until after the holidays...lol.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

tulips52
on 12/22/11 8:25 am
 I made them with black beans when I was on W.W. Though dry, I thought they tasted very good!!!! I would however let ppl know beforehand. 

Most Active