Before and afters

Mal
on 12/30/11 5:48 am
I thought I'd share my before and after picture.  I still can't believe that I am this small now...I still see myself as the big girl.  I go to clothing stores to try on clothes and look at jeans or pants my size (I'm in a 12 from a 26) and say to myself 'no WAY is that going to fit me' and when it does and comfortably, it literally blows my mind.  My brain has yet caught up to the changes in my body. 

Feel free to add your before and after picture I think its so much fun to share and can be inspirational to pre-op folks.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 6:00 am
 ((((MAL )))) Ya Look Marvelous!!!  Muah 
Happy New years!  
AnneGG
on 12/30/11 10:05 pm
Way cool!!! You look wonderful! Congratulations!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Medley411
on 12/30/11 11:08 pm
Medley411
on 12/30/11 11:15 pm
I have no idea how to add this, so I had to add as a reply to my own post.  This is after my thyroid removal on the 15th of December. That is our little rescue dog, Patti Cakes.  Breeders tossed her out because she did not have ears that hung down.  They did not think they could make money off her.  The pound has about 26 various dogs left that they siezed from this breeder still left. We got Patti in August. 
This is her first Christmas with us. Currently I am 118, in a size 2-4.  working on my 30th month post surgery.
Happy New Year everyone!

Adrienne G.
on 12/30/11 11:49 pm - Germantown, MD
Although I am only 3 months post-op, I did have great pre-op weight loss.  This is my "current" before/after.  P.S. my new year's eve jeans are size 16 NOT 26/28 

Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

Medley411
on 12/31/11 12:11 am
Very good!  Who would not be inspired by your progress!

Barbara C.
on 12/31/11 4:17 am - Raleigh, NC

It is very normal for it to take a while for your head to catch up to your new reality. I now finally see this new version of me as the 'real' me, but it took a couple of years for it to really fully sink in. Now, when I see my reflection I recognize this slimmer version of me as the 'real' me. That said, I still recognize the before version of me when I see old photos.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active