10 years post op january 11

jjtheba
on 1/9/12 10:45 am - So. Bloomfield, Oh
 I will try again to post!  Posting a few days early as my busy life continues on. Ten years ago my surgery and me changing my mind and God's blessing my life changed. 200 pounds ago I decided that the old adage if you always do what you always done you will always get what you always got!!!  Ten years later I know that to be true!!! I still eat 6 mini meals a day, get regular check ups and blood work, take my pre natal vitamin and exercise 3 or 4 times a week. Ten years ago I could not walk through a store on New Years Day this year I came out of the gym and yelled to the heavens thank you God for my ability to move and live life!! Since the surgery I have live through flesh eating bacteria, foot and ankle surgery, bladder surgery, brain tumor, knee replacement and this fall an obstructed bowel and AFIB. I believe my healings were helped with the health I have been able to rebuild and most of all God. He has transformed me inside and out and I am thankful. My knees and ankle and feet surgery I am sure were mostly due to the excess weight for so long. Other things happened but not not from the gastric bypass.  This sight gave me hope and information and I hope by at least posting yearly I can give something back. I wish all of you the very best with your journey. The surgery gave me a tool and saved my life, my change of mind and attitude my prayers and faith has transformed me and my quality of life. I am blessed and I so hope your journey will be too. xo Hugs and blessings 353/151.2  open RNY 01/11/2002
Be sure to check out my new pic in my blog part
Cankles2Ankles :D
on 1/9/12 11:36 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
Thank you so much for taking the time to post. You look amazing! Your post really touched me.

Marilyn101
on 1/9/12 1:10 pm - FL
Thank you so much for yor post. May god continue to bless you as I am sure he will. It is wonderful to read a blog from someone that is 10year post op. Thank you again.
glzgowlass
on 1/9/12 2:41 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Many thanks for sharing your success.  I love reading successes like   yourself! 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

martitalinda
on 1/9/12 8:16 pm
 Thank you for the most inspiring messages my beautiful sista and thanks for sharing your truth and giving Him the glory .... but for grace and favor there go I ,,,,  What an AWESOME testimony and how many challenges you have overcome ... I will share this post with my dearest husband.

Wishing you continued health and well being throughout your journey for LIFE .... again thanks for sharing and inspiring me and many others this morning.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Stephanie B.
on 1/9/12 8:36 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Congrats on ten years of awesomeness!!! God is good and able able to so much more than we can even imagine.....it is so wonderful to read your post as I dont find many people who stay active after a few years and there r no resources for the ones coming along like me ....thanks for eing here and againg CONGRATS  on ur 10 yrs 
LolaB
on 1/9/12 8:47 pm - NY
VSG on 01/23/13
Love this post! Congratulations on your amazing journey
God is good 

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

Vivian Prouty
on 1/9/12 9:35 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10 YR. SURGIVERSARY !!!!  It is always inspiring hearing what our WLS has done to improve our lives.   Especially when it has been 10 yrs.    I am 6+ yrs. post op and I too am so grateful to God that I was allowed to have my WLS.    Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Medley411
on 1/9/12 9:36 pm

Truly an inspiring post to wake to.  Thanks for sharing.

mollypitcher08
on 1/9/12 9:49 pm
All I can say is awesome!! Thank you so much for posting-I am sorry about all of your problems but you seem to have great faith and in my experience that certainly helps alot!!  I echo what most everyone else says here and can't say it as well as the others have so best of luck to you and thank you again for sharing your wonderful success story! Take good care.  Blessings, Mary.
Most Active