liquid diet

outlawmaiden
on 1/17/12 2:29 am - KY
 Hello,
 i hope have surgery in April and I still have one visit with my Dr. to finish up my 6 month requirement for th insurance company. She already has me on the 2 week liquid diet. Has anyone else had to do the liquid diet this far in advance of there surgery.? She said she is getting me prepared for it. 
rthomas1964
on 1/17/12 3:46 am - Orlando, FL
 I would question that, usually u go on it 2 weeks prior to surgery. The only thing I can think as to y she would do that is to test u to see if u r willing to follow directions. The diet pre op is tough but worth it. Good luck.
Becky

HW: 330 4/2011; pre surgery wt:313; surgery wt: 295

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 7:19 am
Beats me, the first thing I thought when I heard you had to go on a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery was "well if I could successfully maintain a liquid diet for 2 weeks before the surgery I wouldnt need WLS to begin with!" .....actually I still feel this way so Im not a good one to ask lol

Can someone experienced who answers this question also tell - Is this a requirement for a healthy surgery/recovery? an insurance thing? or a "get used to it" for post-op living thing?
Hislady
on 1/17/12 9:47 am - Vancouver, WA
I was on a liquid diet for 30 days before my surgery and it is something my surgeon required. Supposedly it is to shrink your liver to get it in better shape and out of the way for surgery. Personally I think it is just as much to show you can follow directions and eat the way you will have to right after surgery. It's not fun but after the first few days I really wasn't that hungry anyway.
outlawmaiden
on 1/18/12 8:19 am - KY
 thanks guys appriciate it. my kids aren't gonna like it cause they have to live through it. (i drive a school bus).

Most Active