yum barium breakfast

loretta cowels
on 1/27/12 2:18 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
went for an upper GI this morning boy can that barium get any worse. Hopefully last test needed before surgery. Now trying to drink and then drink some more have had the barium turn to powder inside me before so am very worried about a er visit. My body dont digest this stuff well. Thanks for listening. Loretta
Bette B.
on 1/27/12 3:54 am
 Oh, don't ask if it could get worse. If this is as GOOD as they can make it taste, it could be a LOT worse!! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

4catz
on 1/27/12 4:14 am
Your body won't digest it at all.  What goes in comes back out, so as they say, drink lots of fluids and eat some fibrous foods.  Good luck. 

Surgery Weight: 275
ChristineB
on 1/27/12 5:25 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Barium is designed to go through you so it can be seen on the xray and your body does not digest it. Drink the fluids so you do not get constipated with it. It will come out almost the same color as when it went in but a little more yellow. Your poohs will be in the white yellow side of the color spectrum. Believe me I just had what was believed as a blocked bowel and that is how it came out and how it has come out in the past.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 2/3/12 4:13 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Right there with you! I just had one this morning and my stomach feels so heavy and unsettled. Could definitely have been worse but YUCK!

One more check mark on my "list"!
Most Active