Dirty Looks

Kathleen W.
on 2/18/12 7:31 am - Lancaster, PA
Ok, I'm rocking.   I was in front of a convenience store waiting for a friend drop off Girl  Scout cookies.  A women a little older than myself (I'm 57) got out of her car and started to go in. She also has a weight problem. She gave me the diriest look as I was wearing a very loose size 6 jeans and a pink sweater top.  Told my husband, who was talking to me, to watch out for her.  Again, on her way out,  she was giving me dirty look for being  tiny.  My husband and I couldn't believe it.  Gotta love nsv.  I then went out and bought a size 4.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

SugarGrl
on 2/18/12 7:33 am
You Go Girl   *snap*  !!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Dorathea
on 2/18/12 7:45 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Holla!  I can't wait to have that "problem"!

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Jackie McGee
on 2/18/12 8:55 am - PA
Maybe it had nothing to do with your weight. Maybe you looked like the tramp who stole her husband

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

julyxo84
on 2/18/12 8:57 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
On February 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM Pacific Time, Jackie McGee wrote:
Maybe it had nothing to do with your weight. Maybe you looked like the tramp who stole her husband
 lol
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Kathleen W.
on 2/18/12 4:09 pm - Lancaster, PA
Oh, I like that.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Manda M.
on 2/18/12 9:15 am
I would have given her a dirty look back lol BUT that's just me!!

Awesome NSV
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Kathleen W.
on 2/18/12 4:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
I just looked really confused when it happened.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

poet_kelly
on 2/18/12 9:29 am - OH
I hear that you're happy about this and I don't wanna take away your joy.  I really don't.

My first thought, though, is how do you know the dirty look was because you are skinny?  When I was fat, I did not go around giving skinny people dirty looks.  Did you?  Maybe she was just having a bad day or something.

My next thought is, how is this a victory for you?  I'm not suggesting you should be upset if someone you don't even know gives you a dirty look.  Her giving you a dirty look has everything to do with her, it's not about something you did wrong so I don't think you should feel bad about it.  But it seems to me like if someone is giving someone else dirty looks it must be an indication that that person feels bad about something, so why is it a victory for you if this other woman felt bad about herself?  Or whatever her reason for giving you a dirty look, how is it a victory for you or a fun thing for you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 2/18/12 10:44 am
I was thinking the same thing.  I never assume when someone gives me a dirty look that it's because I am thin, just like I don't go around giving heavy people dirty looks.  I've been accused of looking angry or pissed when I was just being thoughtful or spacing out.  Many times I will be staring off into space and someone will ask what I am thinking because I look like I am mad at them and I wasn't even aware I was looking in their direction.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active