four years

marksgirl
on 2/20/12 9:36 pm - riverview, FL
Today is my four year anniversary.....I have maintained 114 lbs for about a year....I feel better than ever....it has been one amazing journey. I still struggle with getting enough protein....any new suggestions?
Mary Catherine
on 2/21/12 1:32 am
 This is not going to be a popular reply, but I am learning that four years after surgery I don't need near as much protein as I once did.  There is protein in broccoli.  I no longer eat big servings of meats, and concentrate on vegetables instead.  

I feel better, lighter, weigh less and exercise more.  I am back to my goal weight.  In the United States we are used to eating meat with every meal. I think a lot of our obesity stems from that.  Especially when along with the meat, people are eating bread and potatoes.  

I was hard for me to give up eating all of the meat at first, because I thought that I was sabatoging my surgery. I found out that forcing myself to eat food I did not really want was what was sabatoging me.  I have learned to listen to my body and feel so much more healthy now.
MyLady Heidi
on 2/21/12 4:30 am
Be careful at this mark, it is where I found out I could and did gain weight again without changing my diet.  So just be on the lookout for upticks on the scale.  As for more protein beef jerky, greek yogurt and protein bars are all things I eat to get my numbers where they need to be.
LadyPhoenix
on 2/21/12 4:43 am - NY
 COngrats to you. 
I will be 4 years in March 2012
still keeping off the weight..yeaah me:)

We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life 
if we get the right focus on them. Mark Twain

Most Active