From Frumpy to Frilly...

MugsyMann
on 2/24/12 11:22 pm - Keller, TX
Before my surgery I was always the frumpy one dressed in the baggiest clothes, very little makeup and forget having my hair and nails done.  I wanted to draw as little attention to myself as possible.  I had a distinct aversion to anything "girly".  But NOW.... well, I've finally gave up the pretention and just accepted that I am now a prissy, girly-girl.  I love clothes, I love high heels, I love mani/pedis and getting my hair done, I love ANYTHING pink and I love being able to walk across a club and have men turn around to watch.  Granted I am a VERY happily married woman, but it's nice to have the affirmation that all my hard work has paid off.  My husband just chuckles at the reaction I get now because he knows he has NOTHING to worry about.  So has anyone else shared this transformation?  Care to share any stories?
MyLady Heidi
on 2/24/12 11:56 pm, edited 2/25/12 5:20 am
I was always a very girly girl but its much harder when you are 283.5 to be find things that fit that bill.  I have worn makeup since I was in high school and I don't think I have ever left the house without it ever.  Now it is just easier to wear clothes that make me look on the outside how I have always felt on the inside.  Today doesn't count though, I just came back from Wal-Mart and have on jeans, combat boots that lace up to the knee, my bf's hoodie and a white thermal.  But I spent twenty minutes doing my hair and putting on makeup.  lol

Oh I found this, check out the big hair....

MugsyMann
on 2/25/12 1:20 am - Keller, TX
 LOL, and Heidi I bet you are rockin the combat boots too! 
MyLady Heidi
on 2/25/12 5:15 am
I love combat boots, they always get more looks then all my other boots combined.  I asked my bf why he thought that was and he said it was the taboo aspect of wearing them.  Really?  Combat boots are taboo, who makes these rules.....
LeeLee72
on 2/25/12 2:01 am - Niagara Falls, NY
 Im a girly girl..my weight has never stopped me from having confidence that i was a beautiful woman inside and out. i get my hair, nails, feet, done on a regular. i wear nice clothes that fit me well...and not all black ones either lol! my friend calls me Pinky cuz i even send ims with girly pink font. my Jeep has flowers on the seats in pink and purple..purple pinstriping.  i know its hard being obese in this society but i refused to hang my head 

MugsyMann
on 2/25/12 3:43 am - Keller, TX
On February 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM Pacific Time, LeeLee72 wrote:
 Im a girly girl..my weight has never stopped me from having confidence that i was a beautiful woman inside and out. i get my hair, nails, feet, done on a regular. i wear nice clothes that fit me well...and not all black ones either lol! my friend calls me Pinky cuz i even send ims with girly pink font. my Jeep has flowers on the seats in pink and purple..purple pinstriping.  i know its hard being obese in this society but i refused to hang my head 
 Too funny! MY jeep has black seat covers with hot pink flowers on them too!
AnneGG
on 2/25/12 2:12 am
Oh, man, I can relate to this! I always dressed nicely when I was heavy, but now! Oh, I do have fun!

I just bought some dress up clothes for the upcoming OH cruise. What a good time I had!

I have to be careful, though, because with my new love of clothes shopping I can easily break my bank account.

But damn it's fun!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

LeeLee72
on 2/25/12 4:01 am - Niagara Falls, NY
 Haha! I hear ya! That's why I'm trying to pay off my credit now :)

martitalinda
on 2/25/12 4:39 am
Cheers to you and congrats on embracing your girly-girl.   Girly girl here too!!!! before, after and in between at whatever size and whatever age... hair/makeup/clothes shoes/pocketbook/mani/pedi and HAIR and HEELS again .... with a sincere smile and an attitude ... with beauty within that projects out ... whether sometimes naughty or sometimes nice we are all BEAUTIFUL and phenomenal women ... not matter the size no matter the age ... I know I am now as I was before ... I embrace it now as I did then... We are phenomenal women indeed ... BEAUTIFULLY MADE ... whatever the size or shape ...

Maya Angelou says it best ... would you allow me to share this on your thread?

Phenomenal Woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size

But when I start to tell them,

They think I'm telling lies.

I say,

It's in the reach of my arms

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

I walk into a room

Just as cool as you please,

And to a man,

The fellows stand or

Fall down on their knees.

Then they swarm around me,

A hive of honey bees.

I say,

It's the fire in my eyes,

And the flash of my teeth,

The swing in my waist,

And the joy in my feet.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Men themselves have wondered

What they see in me.

They try so much

But they can't touch

My inner mystery.

When I try to show them

They say they still can't see.

I say,

It's in the arch of my back,

The sun of my smile,

The ride of my breasts,

The grace of my style.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Now you understand

Just why my head's not bowed.

I don't shout or jump about

Or have to talk real loud.

When you see me passing

It ought to make you proud.

I say,

It's in the click of my heels,

The bend of my hair,

the palm of my hand,

The need of my care,

'Cause I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

Maya Angelou

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

AnneGG
on 2/25/12 5:10 am
Love this! And love Maya Angelou- her words helped me through some dark times.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active