What's your daily menu???

Liz C.
on 3/3/12 2:03 pm - DE
Hey Everyone!!!

Just curious as to what everyone is eating daily including liquids/shakes
???

Starting weight from 8/7/09- pre op and post op!

RNY Surgery on 2/22/10- weightloss post op! 

glzgowlass
on 3/3/12 10:56 pm, edited 3/3/12 10:57 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I don't coun't liquid because I know I drink plenty.

I'm eating about 1100 calories on average. Breakfast is usually an egg and/or additional protein like lean bacon. Sometimes I eat a slice of healthfull bread but I think I need to cut that out.

I have a shake during the day usually and a second one at 9pm if I am thinking about food cravings to much. It gets me through the hump.

I eat cheese (mostly low-fat but not always) a serving or two of multi-grain crackers, apple sauce. I usually have at least on WW cheese stick as they are handy.

Dinner's are usually 4-5 oz of lean meat and a vegetable or salad.

I don't eat much yogurt or soups because they just fo through me and I get hungry quicker.

Oh, almost forgot: I have a couple of cups of regular coffee in the am with a couple of teaspoons of powder creamer.

Most importantly, even though you didn't ask, I work out 2-3 times a week.

PS Your stats are awesome. congrats.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

momjan
on 3/4/12 1:17 am - Canada
I don`t eat carbs, except very occasionally.  And if I do, it`s usually quinoa flakes (like Cream of Wheat), not crackers, potatoes, rices, bread.

On weekdays, I usually have a small container (100 g) low fat, low sugar mixed with a scoop of soy protein.  Then a protein shake at work.  Something like half a turkey pepperoni for break time.
Lunch is maybe a small can of tuna and 3 kavli breads (a rye flour cracker, 3@ 50 cals, .3 g fat, 11 g carbs, 0 g sugar, 1 g protein.  Then maybe a small banana or another protein shake or protein bar in the afternoon, or nothing.  Dinner is about half to three quarters cup of protein and veg.

Snack in night, something protein or veg or maybe a protein shake; depends on what I`ve eaten in the day.  I try to stay around 1000 - 1200 cal, high protein - 100 g  or so and low carbs, low fat, low sugar.
poet_kelly
on 3/4/12 2:36 am - OH
Something like this.

Breakfast- protein bar
Lunch - big salad, some sort of beans, or leftovers from dinner last night
Snack - Greek yogurt, or sometimes fruit
Dinner - vegetarian chili, some sort of beans, veggie burger, etc.
Snack - Roasted chickpeas, or Greek yogurt, sometimes leftovers from dinner
Snack- Protein shake

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

newmerightnow
on 3/4/12 8:09 am, edited 3/4/12 8:09 am - AK
This is a re-post, but is a typical day for me when I can eat all the food.

7:00 am – ½ cup Vanilla Greek yogurt/ or carb control with 8-10 blueberries-( pre-work out meal)( 100 cal, 6.5 carbs, 10 g protein).

9:30-10:00 am – 1 pack of oatmeal (110 cal, 22 carbs, 3 g protein) and 1 turkey link sausage (40 cal, 0 carbs, 4 g protein).

12:30-1:00pm – 3-4 oz turkey (100 cal, 0 carbs, avg. 22- 32 g protein) and Green Giant individual pack veggie (40 cal, 8 carbs, 2 g protein).

3:00pm – A protein drink (130 cal, 3 carbs, 18 g protein).

4:30- 5:30- a beef stick  or cheese(50 cal, 0 carbs, 10 g protein).

6:00-7:00pm- 3-4 oz hamburger w/ cheese (170 cal, 2 carbs, avg. 22- 32 g protein), 6-7 green beans (20 cal, 4 carbs, 1 g protein).

8:00pm- fudgesicle (40 cal, 10 carbs, 2 g protein).  

Calories-800, Carbs-55.5, Protein-91-110  
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 2:39 pm
same to same the above one ! 
AnneGG
on 3/4/12 4:55 pm
This is for maintenance:

Breakfast- protein shake w/ skim milk
Lunch- salad with chicken or other protein on top
Snack- Greek yogurt, usually Fage 0% blueberry
Dinner- 4oz meat, fish, or poultry; vegetables or salad
Snack- protein pudding or shake
Snack- handful of Triscuits or 2 cups air popped popcorn

Occasionally- a piece of cheddar or mozzarella cheese, a handful of almonds, or some fruit, or a WW ice cream bar

Plus I run 5 miles 5 days a week

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

mommy2jude
on 3/7/12 10:09 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15
Liz, hi neighbor! I'm also in Newark, so I had to throw that out there first :-)

I tend to flip flop, which is probably why my WL has stalled. I'm glad you posted this question, I am going to try and emulate some of the people from here, to see if that helps. I also committed to Zumba 3x a week for the next 4 weeks.

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Most Active