Cannot wait for my journey to begin!

Abbi-doo
on 3/9/12 10:08 pm - Indianapolis, IN
 I started my weight loss journey around a month ago ive lost 18 pounds so far. I get my surgery in early october and im very nervous , But at the same time ive never been this happy in my entire life . I may be young but i know its time for a change (:
zabber
on 3/10/12 1:21 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 AND let me tell you at 11 days post op, its the best decision I HAVE EVER MADE!! I am down 17 lbs since my last weigh in and 10 lbs post op..you will NOT be hungry, you will have gas, but the pain is minimal about 5 days out from surgery...it's an amazing operation (RNY) and I need to lose 80 to 85 lbs, and I am on my way...keep up the weight loss prior to surgery, it helps!! Good luck! 
Abbi-doo
on 3/11/12 9:38 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Well congradulations to you too ! That is amazing and inspiring. I cannot wait to have that experience (: And Good luck it sounds like youre already doing amazing. And i will im trying my best
dragonlady004
on 3/11/12 6:15 am - MS
RNY on 02/23/12
 i am 2 weeks and 3 days post op. i still have stiffness and some pain but i have lost 20 pounds since surgery i do not fell hungery but i do have to watch head hunger.  but i would do it again in a heart beat
HW: 465.5 SW: 290 CW: 270         
Abbi-doo
on 3/11/12 9:34 am - Indianapolis, IN
 That is awesome ! Good for you I wish you the best , You sound like youre already doing great! 
zabber
on 3/11/12 11:41 am
RNY on 02/28/12
Head hunger is the addiction talking...I just want real food because I miss chewing and the taste of food!! LOL...next Thursday I can have flakey white fish, tuna, yogurt, etc, so I am waiting patiently...

Head hunger is natural, but acting on it is the part that gets bad..dealing with it is not always easy, I think bordem and old habits are creeping up on us at times, honestly if you feel you have an addiction (which most of us have) try going to the post op meetings a physiciatrist it can only help....I mean this for everyone, I am so far ok with everything on the plan, I am just ready to chew again, but I have not cheated...won't...

Just remember your journey and everyone elses is different, I had no problems, actually went back to work the 2nd day home (I work from home though) for a few hours, answered emails and talked to one customer...I had no pain as of day 5 post op and was at my son's hockey game on day 5...I can tell you that you that I get mild headaches from lack of sugar, but that's normal...they are getting better and you will get liquid percocet so you can take that until it runs out...you will drink a lot, and I mean all the time!! You get used to it, I love that I can drink black tea with 1 tsp real sugar, gatorade (the real stuff!! yes it has real sugar and carbs, but that keeps your electrolites up and you will need it, as you will tire easily in the afternoons!), my protein shakes are from bariatric advantage and they are good to me, thank goodness, it's not cheap!! LOL 

Anyway, you are taking control of your weight and that's the first step!! Don't stress, just keep up the good work you deserve to have your health back, always tell people that that don't agree!! They then feel kinda dumb for even saying anything...LOL

Abbi-doo
on 3/13/12 12:40 am - Indianapolis, IN
 That was all excellent advice ! And good for you for staying strong and continuing with your success! Thank you for enlightining me (: Weve had our discussions about head hunger and ive realized thats one of my biggest problems, Ive now lost 22 pounds(: so Im still trying! Keep up the good work
Most Active