Maraijuna use after a gastric bypass

sidsid
on 3/19/12 10:18 am
Seeing surgeon this week, I have decided on RNY , unless he pushes me in another direction.
i know the offical stand is that it is not a good idea to smoke weed ever again, could cause ulcers etc.
BUT has anyone ever tried this? I am talking about once a week or a month, maybe one drag, after a horrible day at work.
One puff is all it takes right now, and have control over the muchies, over eating afterwards is not an issue.
Anyone doing this now?
poet_kelly
on 3/19/12 10:23 am - OH
I'm sure some people are doing it.

It sounds like a question to ask your surgeon about.  Perhaps it would also  help to learn some other ways of handling stress.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Debbie R.
on 3/19/12 10:29 am - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12

I'm not using it, but I would not be able to control myself with the munchies! I'm impressed you can control your munchies that well!! LOL

Davo
on 3/19/12 10:34 am - WI
RNY on 03/12/12 with
One puff is all it takes right now? and then what you put it away.  Once a week or a month only one drag thats quite a difference and seems like a bit of denial. So your lighting up and then you put everything away for a month? What about after surgery and your in pain, or when you can no longer eat what you want or you are stressed over dietary restrictions or exercise requirements.  WLS is about dealing with addictions in one form or another, having a crutch to take the edge off when you have a bad day is not dealing with it.  Everyones got their opinions thats just mine.
sidsid
on 3/19/12 11:26 am
 You are wrong it is possible to have one drag even once a year. No denial, I am too smart and too stubborn to get addicted to anything. 
I dont use it for pain, just to relax very occasionally. Not everyone is/becomes  an addict.
Yes it is possible to have one drag and put it away for a year.
One cant generalize or stereotype...
PatXYZ
on 3/19/12 11:32 am
The vast majority of drug users are recreational and non-abusive in their use, and are normal, tax-paying citizens (especially when it comes to pot). Many people are confused by or uncomfortable with this fact.
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/12 11:35 am
 Sid , I can  have one Bite of a brownie ,  or one brownie.   I don't know a thing about  Pot .I'm 50  and never  tried it once . If my thoughts  came across in,  that  upset you I'm sorry.
I can have One Brownie or a few Bites ... Because ....Sid,  I am not only stubborn ... I am  "Georgia  Red Mule) stubborn ! I understand Stu born!
  Please accept  my apologies , if my post was taken wrong, it was said In kindness. I have seen many cross addict. Only reason  why I posted . I may GO back To being  Mum .. here . 
I wish you well
Joy & Peace

poet_kelly
on 3/19/12 11:48 am - OH
I'm not saying you are addicted.  I have no idea if you are or not.  However, just felt I needed to point out, that intelligence and stubborness do not prevent addiction.  Many smart and stubborn people have addictions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 4:48 am
 Yep Kelly so true! 
nikkitop
on 3/19/12 10:37 am - NJ
Just a heads up 1 out of 5 become a substance abuser after having bariatric surgery... Be careful.
Nicole     
Most Active