@@Please Help . . . . just had gastric sleeve@@

lmf1964
on 4/1/12 6:59 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Just had sleeve on Wednesday.  Even though my stomach isn't hungry, my mouth waters thinking of food or when I come across something  in a magazine.

Will this feeling ever go away?

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
MARIA F.
on 4/1/12 7:46 am - Athens, GA

You might want to post this question on the VSG forum. They have the first had knowlege to answer it, and their forum seems to have more activity on it, so you should get an answer sooner.

Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 8:01 am - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM Pacific Time, lmf1964 wrote:
Just had sleeve on Wednesday.  Even though my stomach isn't hungry, my mouth waters thinking of food or when I come across something  in a magazine.

Will this feeling ever go away?

It does go away and I think everyone goes through it.  We do tend to obsess over food and after time when you learn food isn't going to go down in the quantities that it used to, you kind of start dealing with it.  I think you have to look at it as just a few weeks out of your entire lifetime.

Turn off the TV, the radio, don't read mags, read a book.  Whatever food commercial you see, you will want THAT food.  Totally normal regardless of WLS type.

Kim Meeks
on 4/1/12 10:00 am - lubbock, TX
i think we all go through it - regardless of the type of surgery we have had.  i remember thinking that first week that there were more pizza commercials on tv than anything else - it really sucked - i was also feeling thirsty - but, my tummy pouch was so little and probably still sollen from surgery and i could barely sip - i discomvered that i could eat ice and it did help me

some patients are told not to chew gum - but, i did and i still do and have had no problems with it - but some people report complaints of gas

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Debbie R.
on 4/1/12 12:04 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12

Trust me Imf1964, it will get better & the food comercials drove me nuts when I was home right after
surgery!!
Just keep sipping, sipping, sipping!
If you're able to drink clear liquid protein really helped me too! Isopure from Vitamin Shoppe is clear, flavored, & tasty.
The head hunger gets less too. I kept myself busy as soon as I got back to work the distraction really helped me.

littleskie
on 4/1/12 12:23 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Your brain is used to thinking about food, so when your mind isn't occupied it will go back to what it knows. Familiar territory so to speak.

You can get over head hunger. It's just a phase. When your stomach says you arent hungry but your mind does, try to find something that occupies your mind. Work puzzles, do craftwork,take up a new hobby, go to the library and check out books that you normally wouldn't, keep busy doing things that aren't food related. It will help, i'm sure. It helped me, a lot.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Tammy H.
on 4/2/12 12:03 am - Greenville, OH
 I think it doesn't matter which surgery someone has had, I think we all have gone through this...Perhaps find something to do besides looking  through the magazines...I was watching the food network channels on tv, and it got to be so depressing that I just had to stop watching tv for awhile...I worked on crafts, made some book markers to hand out at church and at a nursing home...That kept my mind busy....Its been 6 years since my surgery and I still have troubles battling with head hunger...I am what most would call a Food-aholic...I find myself eating when I am not even hungry...Usually when I get bored or lonely I will over eat...When you find yourself feeling hungry, try a sugar free popcycle...That will give you a crunch food, which really helped me out a lot...Or drink some hot broth...Call a friend, take a walk...Hope these ideas help...Good luck!!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active