14 Days out

Leisa L.
on 4/2/12 7:12 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
Hi everyone,
I am 14 days out and feeling pretty ok.  I am handling  the food and drink, yet still not reaching the requirments for the day.
I do have one bad issue.  At 9 days out I got an infection in one of my incisions. Most painful thing. I went to the Drs and they drained it and now I am having to drain it on my own and re-dress it several times a day.
I am doing well at that to, not complaining, it just happens sometimes.  I would be freaking out if I didn't have past experience with my partners surgery 2 1/2yrs ago, she also got an infection in one of her incisions and I took care of that for her.  So I am glad I am not freaking out.
with all that said, I am actually doing well and like some others I have read on hear, I wonder if they did anything.  I don't want to jinx myself, but at this faze all is going down well and no dumping at all.
I am just thanking God that I have made it this far and do not regret my decision to have this surgery.
Thank you for all your informative question and answers.  I read a lot of the topics and learned a lot of things I didn't know and some things that just reasured me.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!! 

Tammy H.
on 4/2/12 10:26 pm - Greenville, OH
 Sounds like you have everything in control...Its hard to get all the fluids in right after surgery, but it will get easier...Just hang in there.

I too went through an incision that got infected...I had to clean it out and bandage it several times a day...it took awhile but it healed up nicely...Did you get put on an antibiotic?

Did you take your measurements?  No one suggested it to me, and now after losing 200 pounds I would give anything to know how many inches Ive lost...

Keep up the good work...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Leisa L.
on 4/3/12 4:45 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Hi Tammy,
Yes i got put on antibiotics.  i know things will heal eventually, but it is a small hassle to deal with, atleast its much better, the infections seems to have all drained out this mornin,  and so hopefully the healing can begin.

Oh and yes I did take measurements and I am glad I did.  Thanks for that reminder, some who are just starting still have the chance to do it before much weight is lost.

Sorry you had an infection too.

thank you for your encoouragement.

Tammy H.
on 4/3/12 10:52 pm - Greenville, OH
 I am glad to hear that the infection is doing better, and you are healing...Thats great news!!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Dorathea
on 4/3/12 1:03 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
I'm glad you are doing well!  I'm 6 days post-op today.  Good luck with everything.

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Leisa L.
on 4/3/12 4:47 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Thank you Dorathea.  Good luck with your journey also.

rhonda G.
on 4/3/12 9:11 pm - East Liverpool, OH
hELLO ! IA M ALSO 6 DAYS POST OPP, AND DOING WONDERFUL, OTHER THAN GAS LOL AND BLOATING,, KEEP ME INFORMED OF YOUR PROCESS !
Lisa S.
on 4/3/12 1:11 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
I'm 3 weeks out and am doing better each day (now don't get me wrong, I go through some "woe is me" or "poor poor pitiful me" phases...but when I get on the scale, or realize how much better I'm feeling...I get out of it!)

Funny story about dumping...I was noticing that everytime I ate, I would go potty. It wasn't until about a week ago I realized I was dumping (DOH!) But at least (*crossing fingers) I have thrown up..yet!
Leisa L.
on 4/3/12 4:53 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 Hi Lisa, Sounds like you got things under control or ateast know whats going on with your body.
I dont have a scale here at home that goes high enough to weigh me right now so when I go for check ups thats the only time I weigh.  When I get down to atleast 300lbs I can use my partners scale then and start keeping track (not daily for sure!).

Goo luck, I am just going tinto my third week now and am affraid a little about adding the mushie foods for fear I might gain.  I hope I can just get in more protein which I hear helps the weight loss prosess.

Most Active