Walking (duplicate of RNY boear post)

Leisa L.
on 4/8/12 12:18 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
   I just "officially" started walking this morning. It was early and no one was up yet around our complex (I have anxiety issues when there are a lot of peopel around). I decided to get the mail (Big acomplishment) and when I got there, I decided to take a walk around the complex. Not just the small half circle just to the mail box and back, but Around inside the complex.  I stopped into the complex weight room and hopped on the tred mill for about 5-7 min. and then decided to keep on walking outside. I went in a long figure 8 instead of just around the complex. I felt good as i was walking and when i got home was excited that i had done so.  i think that walking this early will be good for me, i am up anyway and can wait till its light out and then walk. It was nice and had a briskness in the air. I just feel proud, I havent walked at all since surgery (3wks out) and was feeling stressed about it. I knew i needed to do it, but just couldn't force myself to go out in the later day time.  I think I found "My time"!!
I know i sound kind of weird about being proud of such a small acomplishment, but for me it was a big deal.
Just had to throw this out there. 
1. for accountability sake and 
2. for a few pats on the back (is that bad of me to want that?) I hope not.
Now to start my day.  Oh i seem to have more energy to get things done and not just take a nap like i always do.

lesserman
on 4/8/12 12:21 am - Chicago, IL
'Atta girl!!

Good for you!!

I'm going walking later this afternoon when it is warm outside.
sam1am
on 4/8/12 12:36 am
That is a great accomplishment!  I like to walk too, especially by myself.  It revitalizes me and clears my head.  I find once I get into a routine, I love it, but its far to easy to get back out of the routine.

All the best and keep it up!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Calliou
on 4/9/12 12:28 am
RNY on 03/27/12
I think thats a wonderful accoplishment! Be proud!

martitalinda
on 4/9/12 1:01 am
Be PROUD!!!! I am soooooooooo happy for you.... what an accomplishment to celebrate.... I can totally relate ... I was out for a while after having a major complication on post-op day 2.  The very first time I got on the treadmill it was over three months after my surgery ... I think I walked for 3-5 minutes at a speed of 2.0 and it felt like I had walked around the world and back ... I was winded ... tired and so deconditioned but I kept at it a little bit each day ... I celebrated when I could stay on that treadmill for 15 minutes, then half and hour then a whole hour then I was running on it nonstop for an hour and today I run every 20, 10 or 5Ks I can participate in and I run almost every morning with my friends from my running group outdoors and I love it...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I celebrate this with you!!! It does get better too...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active