Weird cravings!

Dorathea
on 4/15/12 12:45 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
Any other recent post-ops having weird cravings?  I know it is head hunger, but I am finding the weirdest things tempting or they look interesting.  I keep thinking to myself when I progress to that food stage I'm totally gonna have to try that out.  LOL!

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/15/12 1:27 am - Burleson, TX

ABSOLUTELY normal!!!

Besides the obvious lack of food--and those horribly irritating, CONSTANT food commercials...

There are your estrogen hormones running amuck-as they get released from your shrinking fat cells-and those hormones are much like when you are pregnant, and your hormones run amuck..and chili in lime jello SOUNDS like good idea...

When I was 16, I had emergency surgery for a gangene gallbladder...was on clear liquds..yadda..yadda..yadda..that was during the time the singer Mama Cass died. The news kept reporting "She died eating a ham sandwich". I loved Mama Cass, but all I could think about was being ANGRY and JEALOUS because SHE got to have a HAM SANDWICH. That was many, many years..and many ham sandwiches ago, but I vividly remember it..and am reminded anytime I hear a "Mamas and Papas" song..or her best song "Dream a Little Dream of Me"..it's probably on a ketchup commercial somewhere..but then I'd hear it and want ketchup ON my ham sandwich..

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

birdy
on 4/15/12 2:06 am - Lexington, TN
On the way home from my surgery we stopped so I could use the restroom and they had been baking pissa and all I could think about was pizza for years until I could eat some.
I am 41/2 yrs out and there are still foods that don't taste as goood as they did before.

Carolyn/Birdy
Lisa S.
on 4/15/12 8:19 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12

I am wanting a chef salad and Fritos. Before surgery I was NEVER a salad person...but for some reason (Probably because I know I can't have it), I would LOVE to have a huge chef salad and Frito's Scoops with it.

I think I better go grab me a protein shake...LOL

CaseyB
on 4/15/12 9:03 am
VSG on 03/27/12
Ive been dreaming about toast!!!

goddessgrrl
on 4/15/12 2:24 pm - VA
I craved toast right after my surgery, too! I mean I just wanted TOAST. Not bread. Now I have no craving for either!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jenna V.
on 4/15/12 9:29 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12
I craved salad for the LONGEST time, until I was able to eat it. Ever since, I eat salad like crazy and am still loving it!

Leisa L.
on 4/15/12 9:52 am - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 First thing I wanted was a Carl's Catch sandwich and that was probably on my way home from the Hosp that I had this Craving.  I am craving the lettuce, tomato & tarter sauce.  Weird huh???   LOLOLOLOL
I probably wont like how it tastes now, my taste buds have changes, but OHHH it sounds so good!

Dorathea
on 4/15/12 10:16 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
 I've been craving an ArbyQ sandwich.  Not exactly sure where that craving came from. Lol

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

goddessgrrl
on 4/15/12 2:29 pm - VA
Right after my RNY I craved pizza & Red Robin cheeseburgers. ???

Certain things do NOT taste good to me that I loved pre-op: scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes.

I have no urge whatsoever for sweets, although I loved them pre-op. I think the reason I don't crave them is because I haven't had them post-op, not even one taste.

Here's the weirdest craving I've had: French's yellow mustard. Pre-op the only time I'd eat it was on a hot dog at an Orioles game. Now? I crave it a few times a week. And I love it! I have it on chicken, turkey, you name it.

Go figure!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active