4 lbs urgent!!! I need some Help

Revelation12v11
on 4/16/12 10:54 am - MI
RNY on 05/29/12
Ok my insurance Co requires a 5% weight loss this requirement did not come into effect until Jan 2012. I was not informed of this added  Req. Just by chance when calling my Surgeons office in February about paperwork the Nutritionist dropped the 5% bomb on me.  She informed me that patients were getting denials because they had not met the new 5% Req. She went on to tell me I would need to lose about 15 lbs in order to qualify for Surgery in April. I said ok that would have been nice to know earlier. I figured I was in trouble because I fasted 21 days with my Church in January and had given up Pop chocolate fried foods no eating after 6pm and any other little trippers and I didn't lose a pound NOT KIDDING! Ok so I started Adipex the day after Valentines Day and kept up my earlier mentioned Fasting regimine. I got weighed at my Dr. office on Feb 27 18 pounds gone!!!! YES I'm in the clear! I just need to maintain till April 3rd when they submit to my Insurance Co right NOT NOT NOT!!! I make another call to my Surgeons office to check the schedule oh Yes both Surgeons schedules are wide open come in on the 3rd  of April and we will submit and by the end of April you will be on the other side of this that was March 20th 2012. NOT NOT NOT!!! The Nutrionist made an error in reading my chart correctlly.  I first met my Surgeon June 2011 and during this time I had been gardening and one day my feet legs and hands just became swollen and would not go down to the point where I had to see a Cadiologist and taking water pills because they feared Congestive Heart Failure. Besides being obese I have perfect B/P Almost Perfect Cholesterol and Perfect Sugar. Anyway My Insurance requires your PCP to follow and document and dieting and weight loss for one solid year you have to see your PCP monthly if you skip YOU START OVER FROM MONTH 1 Sad but true. My PCP has been documenting me since May of 2011 before I began the swelling and I was 14 pounds lighter in May 2011 which is where the Nutritionist from my Surgeons office should have have taken her FACTS from so I had 14 more pounds to lose by April 3rd I lost 10 but these 4 aren't budging. So no surgery for me this month.  All I got from the Surgeons office was I'm so sorry but the person you spoke to is on medical leave and we were not aware you recieved incorrect information. All she had to do was look in my chart. My PCP is required to submit my status weights and exercise logs along with a copy of her progress notes every month to the Surgeons office all she had to do was look!! I am so down right now I need some help desperately I'm close to starving myself  my hair is so brittle and my skin is dry. I'm so afraid to eat too much because I might gain weight. Please if anyone else has been where I am send me a lifeline I go for my weigh-in Friday morning. Thanks Char
revelation12v11
littleskie
on 4/16/12 8:59 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Try to think of this as the darkenss before the storm. You will get thru this, no matter what, and go on to become a thinner and healthier person. You will have learned patience and be able to pass your experiences on to others who are desperate and afraid. You will be able to be there for them and comfort them.

hang in there because I know you can do this. it may not be the way you planned it but you know the saying; the best laid plans of mice and men......

take care and know you aren't alone!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Revelation12v11
on 4/17/12 12:35 am - MI
RNY on 05/29/12
Thank You so much for the encouragement.
revelation12v11
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/12 1:04 am
Have you discussed going on Optifat or Medifast with your doctor.  You'd achieve the weight loss within days and at the same time, it is well-balanced with protein and vitamins.

Best!
Revelation12v11
on 4/19/12 12:10 am - MI
RNY on 05/29/12
Hello, Thanks for responding. No I have never heard of either of them. Are these shakes that my PCP has to prescribe?
revelation12v11
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 12:14 am
Used to be only available from a physician.  I believe you can now order them directly. 
Most Active