online stores?

REININGCHICK
on 4/19/12 8:23 am - AZ
what does eveyone think of the http://www.bariatricchoice.com website and their food?

M M
on 4/19/12 9:04 am
 I haven't purchased anything there - but I've tried many of the products.  What were you looking to buy?
TheSleevedLife
on 4/19/12 10:31 am
I believe that is the same website as Diet Direct - which is pretty much the ONLY place I get my "special" bariatric food online.  Prices are pretty good, delivery is usually fast.  The selection is second to none, and I find their review helpful too.

My favorites are the bariwise hot chocolate (15 grams of protein and just 80 calories - plus SUPER yummy).  I also like some of the bariwise protein bars and wonderslim bars.  I don't eat bars too often just because they are kind of high in calories and carbs, but these are the best tasting I've ever had.  This one is my personal favorite: http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bari-wise-bariatric-health-pr otein-bars.html in carmel crunch. YUM!  I generally hate shakes, but the wonderslim shake/pudding is tolerable to me.  I like that you can make it a pudding rather than a shake. 

I've tried two of the wonderslim meals.... the vegetarian sloppy joe and the vegetable omelets.  They are convenient and low-cal, but just kind of "meh" in my book.

Oh, and for a treat I do love the biscotti - only 15 calories per "bisk" and 1 gram of protein each.  Not super healthy, but it doesn't break your diet either.   I also really like the snackergy crispy rice bars.  They kinda taste like rice crispy treats, but with protein!

So... yeah, I think it's a fun place to try new things. They are always adding new products, and they send free samples with orders over a certain amount. 

currently investigating plastic surgery to remove bat-wings and...well, bat-stomach

goddessgrrl
on 4/19/12 3:06 pm - VA
On April 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM Pacific Time, REININGCHICK wrote:
what does eveyone think of the http://www.bariatricchoice.com website and their food?
I've used Bariatric Choice twice & I'm happy with them. They ship fast & always include a free sample, coupons, & free shipping codes.

I love the WonderSlim oatmeal cinnamon bars (only 15g protein each, & I can only eat a third at a sitting, but delicious).

I tried NEW WHEY orange protein drink (in a tube) & also their grape. Each has 45g of protein. Oh heavens to Mergatroid, the taste... the grape is almost unpalatable; the orange isn't QUITE as bad, but jeez... took me about 2 hours to get the orange one down & they're quite small. Oy, the protein drinks... still struggling with those. So yes, I now call these NO WHEY.

That said, I adore IsoPure Plus Zero Carb Protein Drinks. I've tried Alpine Punch & Grape Frost. The Alpine Punch is FABULOUS. 8 ounces & 15g protein! They're $2.39 each. The Grape Frost is good too, but I like the Punch better. Super-portable.

I agree with TSL. I love the WonderSlim pudding/shake mixes. I bought the variety pack & I'm telling you, I made the strawberry one as pudding & I was so happy with it. Very filling. I used the mocha in a shake with protein powder (Syntrax Nectar unflavored) & almond milk & it was good. Not as good as the strawberry pudding though! Cocomint is good too (made that as a shake by itself).

I think my #1 favorite though is the Proti-Diet Tomato Basil soup mix. OH MY GO**** is so delicious! 15g protein. I also like the Proti-Diet chicken noodle soup mix (20g protein).

If you order, tell us what you got & how you liked it!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 7:30 pm
that's new to me, looks interesting!! :)
REININGCHICK
on 4/20/12 12:43 am - AZ
just wondering if it was worth the nurtional value. ive been buying from there. i love the oatmeal because it tastes great and also it has lower carbs. i bougth the sample package. and man it has some great stuff in it. i just bought like 80 bucks worth of stuff from there

TheSleevedLife
on 4/20/12 3:42 am
It's pretty easy to spend $80 there!  ;)  I love it!

I know it is expensive, but I think it's well worth it to have some "treats" on hand, and also just some really easy meals.  We don't eat much after WLS, so we can spend the extra money to get something we enjoy.

The downside is that all of this stuff is pretty processed.  But, the added protein is really valuable.  Plus, some of the tasty stuff is just awesome.  So... yeah, I think it's worth it with from a nutrition perspective and also from an we-deserve-yummy-stuff perspective.

I haven't tried the oatmeal yet - I may have to give that a go!

currently investigating plastic surgery to remove bat-wings and...well, bat-stomach

REININGCHICK
on 4/20/12 4:03 am - AZ
oatmeal is great!!! i love it also the chocolate cruchies are amazing, i put them in my greek yogert this morning i loved it!

Most Active