tenuate

ashkay4me
on 4/22/12 12:42 am - NC
VSG on 04/10/15
has anyone had any success with the diet pill tenuate?  if so, will you please share your results?
thanks............

lap band removed february 2011

HW 4/4/15 229 / SW 229 / CW 166 / GW 130-140?

Lap Band removed 2/9/11 due to slippage

VSG on 4/10/15.  

ruggie
on 4/22/12 7:34 am - Sacramento, CA
This drug is an anorexigenic, which mean it's similar to previously banned drugs line fen-phen, etc.  These drugs work by accelerating metabolic rates - but at the consequence of increasing blood pressure and tasking the cardiovascular system.

I don't mean to be too blunt, but I'd suggest you forget this drug exists.  No one really takes these drugs, loses 100 pounds, and keeps it off for years.  In addition, it may cause heart issues. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Greg S.
on 4/22/12 8:01 am - Ypsilanti, MI
RNY on 05/08/12
 I took this drug tenuate dosespan about 4 or 5 years ago and it was HELL on earth,  Kept me up at night all jittery and I did not lose anything but sleep and peace with it.....Please think it over before trying it..
rbb825
on 4/23/12 12:03 am - Suffern, NY
I really dont recommend it.  As someone that took redux years ago - during the phen-phen era, it just isnt worth it.  My doctor thought he was giving me a safer drug by giving me redux but he wasn't - I developed uncontrolable high blood pressure.  It took 2 pills, many years and a well known nephrologist at a big teaching hospital in the area to get my pressure down.  It caused unbearable headaches.

I lost 30 pounds with it which I thought was great at the time but as soon as I went off of it, I gained it right back and pretty fast.

Try sticking to a healthy, high protein, low carb, low fat diet consisting of 5 to 6 meals per day.Each meal must have protein  Try getting back to basics and it can jump start your weightloss.

I know for my preop, I went on a very low carb high protein diet and lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks.  These diets are hard to stay on long term but great to get us started.  also try to drink proteinshakes.

have you considered a revision - not sure if you would qualify but it is worth considering

Most Active