Breakfast Oatmeal for my WLS friends!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/9/12 9:41 am - Belleville, IL
A new recipe for my WLS friends! (Safe for ANY WLS once you've been cleared for "mush"/soft foods, or over 3-4 weeks post op)

1/3 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup of SKIM milk OR Almond Milk or Soy Milk (Silk)
2 TBS of Sugar Free (Non-cook) Pudding flavor of your choice!
1 Scoop of your favorite Whey Isolate or Soy Isolate PROTEIN POWDER (Should be 18 grams of protein or higher per scoop!)
Torani (Da Vinci) Syrup of your choice OR Truvia OR Splenda (If needed)
1/4 cup of nuts (Your choice!) or ??

Mix ALL the ingredients together at once, in a container with a fork. Mix until all protein powder and pudding mix are all disolved and mixed with the oatmeal.

Put in the 'fridge OVERNIGHT! It will make an awesome protein COLD oatmeal breakfast for you! If you want more "fiber" add some pumpkin seeds or "Muesli" type ingredients!

Here is an example of what I made tonight (for tomorrow).....
Sugar Free Banana Creme Mix (I doubled the recipe so added the whole package)
2/3 cups Rolled oats
1 cup Skim milk
1 dash TORANI Brown Sugar Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Scoops of Protein powder (1 scoop of Vanilla Flavor and 1 scoop "unflavored")
1/4 cup crushed Almonds slivers and Pine nuts mixed

This made a "Banana Fosters" Oatmeal Mix!
I've also done a Butterscotch Caramel, a "Turtle" cheesecake and a Pistachio/Spumoni
Yum!
Honestly....It may not LOOK the most attractive but you are getting anywhere from 25-50 grams of PROTEIN (depending on what you use!)
40 grams complex carbs (Fiber 10 so only 30 grams complex carbs)
NO sugar!
and YUMMY taste!
Things like Cinnamon/Cardamom/Nutmeg, etc have NO calories. (Either does SF Torani or Da Vinci syrup)
I tend NOT to use SF sweetner because I find the concoction pretty "sweet" but if you want "really sweet" add a packet of Splenda or Truvia

Good luck and I hope you like! This is my new Morning Protein breakfast (and or "snack" goodie, instead of a Protein bar or "shake")  The TOP recipe is a single serving size, the bottom recipe is a doubled one.  :)

Warmly,
Jackie

MyLady Heidi
on 5/9/12 10:33 am
 I would be careful with the 1/4 cup nuts, that can be 200 calories alone as in chopped walnuts.  I love nuts but use them very sparingly.
NomoreXL
on 5/11/12 9:55 am
VSG on 05/04/12 with
WOW! I am on liquids right now....but I can tell you this will be one of the first recipes I will try thank you for posting !!!!! =)
NomoreXL

Most Active