2 week Liquid Diet

eeyoremom2
on 5/18/12 10:16 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12
Hello everyone...I just started my liquid diet today as I am scheduled for surgery on 6/1...I am feeling hungry and I know it is not head hunger because my stomach is growling and I am shaky from those who have been through this does it get easier? Will I feel hungry like this for the next 2 weeks? A ny adivce or input would be wonderfu.

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

poet_kelly
on 5/18/12 11:01 am - OH
I'm sure you are hungry.  Usually it gets easier after three or four days.  If you feel shaky, your blood sugar may be low.  A protein shake may get rid of that feeling.  But I don't know of a way to get through it without being hungry sometimes.  I think you need to just accept that you will feel hungry sometimes, and you will live through it even though it is not comfortable.  Stay focused on your goal.  Try making a list of all the good things you are looking forward to after you lose weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hollykim
on 5/18/12 11:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
drink as much of whatever is on your plan as you can,that will help. the first 3 days are the worst,it gets better after that.
GL

courtwillbehealthy
on 5/19/12 12:22 am - burlington, VT
Hope today is going better for you doll!! :) add me if you need a buddy my surgery is going to be june 4th
GMG
on 5/19/12 1:21 pm
 GOOD LUCK  The surgery changed my life so much for the better.
jmcqueary
on 5/19/12 12:54 pm
Day four for me, and I promise it gets easier!  Once you get through the headache stage, and being tired alot, you will start getting use to it, and to be honest you find yourself have more engery and feeling pretty good.  Just remember your doing this for a reason and proving to yourself you can do this will give you the confidence you need for the rest of your journey!
KelKel
on 5/20/12 8:19 am, edited 5/20/12 8:19 am
The first few days are the worst but it does get easier. If you need something to chew try sugar free popsicles. They were a lifesaver for me before and after surgery and I still eat a lot of them when I get nauseous, they really do help!
Most Active