Say what? ***Update*** (thank you all for your comments and support on my original post!)

dhsimaitis
on 5/17/12 11:23 pm
Revision on 04/23/12
Hi !!! 

First, I want to thank all of the responders to my original post for their comments and support !!!  And, to give you all an update...

After my doctor visit yesterday, unfortunately I have to say that I only lost 1/2 pound since I started my soft diet.  Regardless of the "crazy" diet and all of the walking (3-5 miles a day!) I went through, for some reason I didn't drop a thing. My doc says (and everyone including my hubby !!!) that I certainly LOOK like I have lost weight, and I FEEL like I have lost weight, so his thought is that I am building muscle and losing fat at this stage.  He said what I ate ****pt a journal over the last week) was right on, so that is his opinion.  He says I am doing great and to keep up the good work...  yay !!!

So, now to my new diet...  I can eat ALL the egg whites I want !!!  I am supposed to keep everything around 3 oz at a time, but I can have TENDER chicken, turkey, and fish.  But, ALL the egg whites I want !!!  I still need to get in all three of my protein shakes a day, and can use milk if I want.

Sounds strange to get the green light to eat after I didn't lose anything...  but, I think I agree with his assumption that my composition is just changing at the moment.  He said as long as I keep doing what I am doing, I will be at my goal weight in no time !!!

Everything on my plate will be protein.  I am not allowed vegetables, fruits, beans (gas), or (of course) sugar anything...  So, I believe once my composition adjusts (and, I keep up/increase my activity level)...  I will finally start losing.  As I think I mentioned before, I am not allowed to weigh myself until my next visit which is in July.  So, things are good !!!

Thank you all so much for caring !!!  I am so moved by your support...  it truly means a lot to me !!!

Blessings,
Davina

God bless all of our efforts...

bearpaws
on 5/18/12 1:17 am
 Thanks for the update! It sounds like all that's needed is a little time. Enjoy those soft protein foods! Wishing you the best. :)

dhsimaitis
on 5/18/12 4:43 am
Revision on 04/23/12
Will do !!!  Thanks for the kind wishes... 

Davina

kathkeb
on 5/18/12 3:48 am
Davina,
Your post is a prime example of why the scale is not the only measure of success for us.

1/2 pound can sound so discouraging, but you look smaller, and feel better -- and probably your clothes fit better.

Something that I did in preparation of my surgery was to make a few lists.

List of Ways  I will know success without the scale (clothes fit better, I have more energy, I can walk faster, I can cross my legs, etc)

List of Things I can do besides eat --- if it was not 'meal time' I used that list to distract myself until it was meal time

Hang in there ---- you are making great progress!!!!!
Make sure you are getting alot of non-caloric fluids!!
Kath

dhsimaitis
on 5/18/12 4:45 am
Revision on 04/23/12
It's great to hear you say that...  and, those are great ideas for non-scale weighing (so to speak!)!

Thanks a bunch !!!

Davina

Most Active