Protien problems!!! Help!!

Beth roark
on 5/25/12 3:24 am - CA
RNY on 05/22/12 with
Hey guys so I came home yesterday evening! I'm in a little pain and still a little nauseous but over all doing good until this morning when I went to drink my protein shake with 4 oz water and one scoop vanilla powder and threw up!! ugh frustrated!!! any ideas seem the only thing I can tolerate is pre made like the ones I got from the hospital??
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 3:35 am
Are you sipping...or drinking?  :)  Little sips over the whole day!  :)
littleskie
on 5/25/12 4:16 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Little sips, no straw and if you still have issues then start adding the protein to things like your coffee. Change the temperatures too. Warm drinks seem to like the pouch a little better, well it did for me anyway.

You can also use a sippy cup. It will help to block the smell and that's what bothers a lot of people.

Good luck!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

poet_kelly
on 5/25/12 4:29 am - OH
One scoop of protein in only four ounces of water might have been too thick or strong flavored.  I prefer my shakes made with milk or soy milk, but I use at least eight ounces of liquid.  So you might want to try making your shake different ways.  You may also need to try a different brand or type of protein powder.

If the ready  made ones work, though, stick with those for now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eggface
on 5/25/12 10:48 am - Sunny Southern, CA
The first few weeks suck but it'll get better... I remember sitting on the bed crying sipping capfuls of watered down milk thinking WTH I can't live like this forever... I can LOL about it now but it was hideous then.

Do what you can and each day aim for better than the last... sooner than you think you'll be loving life again.

Experiment a bit with types of milk... I found soon after surgery that liquid cow's milk and I weren't pals I switched to soy or a soy/water mixture and all was well again.

If at first something doesn't work out try again in a few weeks just because someone else can tolerate something or the Dr's literature says its time doesn't me our bodies are ready but most things work out a few weeks later.

Speedy healing!
~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active