Monster Low Carb Drink

sgidden
on 6/3/12 9:54 pm - Newnan, GA
RNY on 08/09/16
  I need something to wake me up and give me some energy.  Does anyone know if we are allowed to drink the Monster low carb drinks?  I had my sleeve on April 11.

cupcakesnsmiles
on 6/3/12 10:16 pm - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Not sure about Monster brand, but there's one called Rockstar Recovery, it's orangeade flavored, sugar-free, and it's not carbonated. It has caffeine plus vitamins. It's a better alternative to calorie drinks, but still probably not the best choice. I won't drink anything carbonated, scared of messing up my pouch! I've drank this kind occasionally, it's so hard because I'm used to coffee (loaded up with  french vanilla creamer and sugar that I'm not having anymore )  so I'm with ya there! I've been taking B-12 supplement in the morning and I can notice a difference in my energy level.

Month 1: -28lbs  Month 2: -19lbs Month 3: In progress!
poet_kelly
on 6/4/12 12:29 am - OH
Carbonation won't mess up your pouch.  It might give you uncomfortable gas, or it might not, but it won't damage your pouch in any way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dani02
on 6/3/12 11:15 pm - Utica, MI
Monster drinks would kill me! All that carbonation. Probably not a good idea.
Are you taking supplements? Getting all your water? Protien? A lack of all will
lead to you feeling tired and exhausted. I really would not try the monster drink,
even the low carb one.

Dani
sgidden
on 6/3/12 11:18 pm - Newnan, GA
RNY on 08/09/16
Just got off the phone with the Dr office.  They said I could drink this as long as it was no more than 2-3 a week.  So by this afternoon I should look like this......

cupcakesnsmiles
on 6/4/12 3:52 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
lol, I totally forgot to mention that crystal light makes an "energy" formula, it's B-12 and caffeine and it's wild strawberry flavored, tastes awesome! 5 calories!
Kady
on 6/5/12 12:33 am - Lancaster County, PA
 If they are okay with you having caffeine, (was a no-no for me the first 3 months post op b/c it is a diuretic, thus causing dehydration), you should buy some Click coffee protein powder, that is my breakfast every single day and it has protein and vitamins also so you get a balanced jolt!

Most Active