I am a old RNY post-op, need a kick in the Butt to take better care of myself!!

Texas Girl
on 6/5/12 4:22 pm
I had RNY surgery in sept 2005, I have gained weight and want to get back on track, Any suggest
ions from simeone who is in my shoes?
martitalinda
on 6/5/12 11:43 pm
 There is an awesome group on here  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Texas Girl
on 6/6/12 12:26 am
I am so glad Obesityhelp is here for me again. I forget I am a member here and help is here for me. As I can help others too... Gonna try pouch test so I can rev up my tool to lose weight.... I kinda well.. have gotten in my old lazy ways again... I can hear my doctor, Dr. Zahn in my mind! thanks friends.. Texas girl.
Vivian Prouty
on 6/5/12 11:50 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi There.....I had surgery in Nov. 05.   You know what you have to do to get that weight off.   Heck we ALL do if we've been on this journey for going on 7 yrs now.     Get rid of ALL the junk foods in your house ( if that is NOT possible...then put it out of your reach ).    Start logging your food intake and measureing it to make sure you are not over eating.    Move that body !!!   Walk, jog, do some kind of exercise to burn those calories.     Make sure you get in at least 64 oz ( if not more ) water and make sure most of that i****ER.     Protein first...then veggies and fresh fruits.    Watch carb amounts and make sure you do the 30 minute rule with drinking and eating.    You can also go to 5daypouchtest.com and do the 5 day pouch test.     I know it is hard...but it CAN be done.   I have a friend Gina who is 10 yrs. post op and just reached her goal and lost 70 lbs. of regain.   SO YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!  Glad you came here and ask for support and suggestions.    Trust me....I am NOT perfect either and I have had some re-gain too but I am aware of all I do and try really hard on this journey.    Good luck to you and contact me anytime for support.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

mollypitcher08
on 6/6/12 2:14 am
Hi Vivian - Just had to give you a heads up for your great advice and humbling attitude towards those of us (Yes ME INLCUDED!) who have gotten off track.  Somehow your words just struck me like a lightning bolt! I have a 26# gain to get off!  Thanks for your posts  and thanks to everyone *****sponds on OH and tries to help others - This is what it is all about, I believe!   Mary
MyLady Heidi
on 6/6/12 12:01 am
It is really gonna be diet and exercise, nothing else is going to work and you have to motivate yourself no one can do that for you.  You can post for support but thats not gonna pull the food back out of your mouth, I know dieting sucks, I do it every day and some days its no big deal other days are like ewwww this is my ******g life.  Ughhhh.  I just brought in cake for our receptionist who is leaving and walked away before it was cut because I cannot have it, I won't allow myself too.  That wasn't fun.

Good Luck!
Texas Girl
on 6/6/12 12:29 am
thanks! I know I have to do it! Texas girl..
Neen L.
on 6/6/12 12:37 am - Arlington, VA
I wrote to my surgeon 5 years after the operation to thank him and his office staff for how well they treated me. He sent back a handwritten note and the line that stood out to me was this:

"Continue to honor us by living a happy, healthy life."

Whenever I've had some regain, I've thought about that. That's why I did this in the first place, to have a healthier life. Think back to why you went through this process and each morning, try to commit yourself to one healthy habit that day. You can do it!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Most Active