Latest Update/drain question

crw4bama
on 6/15/12 1:26 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Ok I am day 2 post op and feeling pretty good. No more IV  now on stage 2 foods I am able to burp but nothing else yet. I have a drain question, for anyone that had a drain where was ytours? Mine is right in the middle up under my breast and I have seen severl people with a RNY and this is the strangest place I have seen a drain. the spot where the drain is the only place I am having pain. I can't wait to see the weight loss progress.
Christy

debbie13
on 6/15/12 3:52 am - Cossayuna, NY
 The drain location does seem a little high to me, but each surgeon does it a little different. You're only two days post-op so pain is expected and the drain site is usually where it hurts the most. 

When you say stage 2 foods what do you mean? I am always shocked when I hear of some doctors adding food so quickly after surgery. My program was liquids only for two weeks. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

crw4bama
on 6/15/12 7:06 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Stage 2 is pureed foods seems to be advanceing me quickly.
littleskie
on 6/15/12 4:54 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Mine was very high up. The tube part that is inside tho is very long so it could be anywhere.

Welcome to the losing side!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active