Peanut Butter vs PB2

jenngirl
on 7/11/12 7:46 am
VSG on 06/25/12
When I asked about eating peanut butter, because it isa soft protien, my doctor recommended PB2 to add to shakes. Any takes on this?
IceMama
on 7/11/12 7:52 am, edited 7/11/12 7:53 am
I just found out about this Sunday and purchased both the regular & chocolate,...I dont like it as peanut butter but I will try some in my protein shake later today thats a great idea!
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
jenngirl
on 7/11/12 7:53 am
VSG on 06/25/12

You will have to let me know what you think! Thanks!

newdreams22
on 7/12/12 12:17 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
pb2 is really yummy in protein vanilla shake i use Nectar vanilla torte 23gm of protein
wendydettmer
on 7/11/12 8:05 am - Rochester, NY
imo, regular peanut butter has way too many calories for me. i use pb2 to flavor things, it's wonderful. i'm not a huge fan of it as regular peanut butter, although i haven't tried it that way in awhile, but i put pb2 in oatmeal, shakes, 'protein pancakes', etc. it's wonderful

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Heather :o)
on 7/11/12 10:41 am
I love PB2 and would take it ANY DAY over regular peanut butter. I mix it in vanilla chobani, yum!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
debbie13
on 7/11/12 11:05 am - Cossayuna, NY
 I've made it into peanut butter so I can have my apples dipped in it. Yes, the texture is a little different but to me the flavor is there without the fat. I'm not a fan of it in shakes tho

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Eggface
on 7/11/12 5:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
PB2 is great for adding to shakes, yogurt, etc. it's powdered peanut butter (consistency of flour), 85% less fat. You can add water to make it a paste but... it's not gonna satisfy a true peanut butter lover like that... you miss the fat and mouthfeel but it's great for somethings...

Some ways I use it: theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/11/national-pea nut-butter-lovers-month.html

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

REININGCHICK
on 7/12/12 3:16 am - AZ
funny, im sitting here eating pb2 with celery. im a first time user of this stuff. i love it. i add water to it and eat it with apples, celery etc. i havent had it with my protein shakes yet! i love it!

BethR311
on 7/12/12 11:35 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Some people add sweetener with the water they add to it, that might help.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active