5 weeks out stall

crw4bama
on 7/18/12 2:01 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Well I have hit the dreaded stall, but because I knew it was going to happen I am not freaking out. Still having trouble to find the right protein for me. So far all that I have tried make me queasy. I am managin to get in 30 by what I eat . It seems as if my taste buds have changed since surgery, I used to drink Crystal light ow can't stand the taste, all I really drink now is water and it has to be ice cold. I guess it is a mental thing.
Thanks for all of the support there are so many of you that are inspirations to us newbies.
Christy

MyLady Heidi
on 7/18/12 3:31 am
I will say it again, throw out the scale, I say it to everyone, it is your enemy right now.  I know we all like instant gratification and the scale can give it but it can also drive us insane.  Go by how your clothes feel and how you feel and you will be happy.  Only take the scale out once in a while and all will be good.

Keep up the good work!
crw4bama
on 7/18/12 10:01 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
I thought I was doing really good, I only weigh once a week. I have had to go down from a 20-22 to a 16 in 5 weeks time so for that I am thrilled. Thanks for the encouragement.
Christy
pwoo10
on 7/18/12 3:36 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
I'm 6 weeks today and I have also stalled.  I knew it was coming so I just put the scale away and I am going to wait a few weeks before weighing again. 

I'm struggling with the protein but getting in 50 per day I need to get to 65 to make my dr. happy.  My favorite protein is GNC total lean 25 the chocolate peanut butter flavor.  I can stomach that 1x per day. 

I will agree there is so much support for us newbies I don't know what I would do without some of the advise knowing there are other people who have had every issue I have had.

Patty B.
on 7/18/12 4:37 am
Don't worry take a walk and you will see it fall off!  You won't believe it!...I'm 4  years out and battling a little wt gain 10 pds that I'm trying to exercise off.  I cook the world according to eggface recipes made for us that are packed full of protien.  She had hers about 7 years ago...she doesn't sleep well and dreams of recipes for us.  By the way the best salad drsg I found is galeos Miso drg.  Its about 40 cal for 2 tablespoons and it great on a meat salad.  Small as it may be.  I used to take meat to work and then buy a small salad and put it over it and mix it around.  Just keep walking around and you will be OK!  Don't forget your water and vitamins...besides your protien.  I like click and matrix the best of the proteins...the click is 15 but the matrix has 23gms.  So I mix 1/2 click and full scope of chocolate. 1/2 bananna then ice and with a dollop of whipped cream on top.  Take care and you will do well Patty

crw4bama
on 7/18/12 10:08 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12

Thanks for the advice. I have tried some of the eggface recipies and I love them I have done the unfried chicken for me and the family and they loved it too, I also did the dill dressing. I will have to try some of the others. All i drink is water and I do take my vitamins.
Christy

crw4bama
on 7/18/12 10:04 am, edited 7/17/12 10:08 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
At least I know I am not alone, I love the support that we have on here it helps me so much. So far as protein goes I have tried the walmart strawberry and one of the adkins flavors. I will try the GNC and see how that goes. We need to become friends since our dates are so close so we can support each other.
Christy
Reply to pwoo10
Mal
on 7/18/12 10:56 pm
URGH we've all been there and believe me, you will be again.  It is just the body's way of playing catch up.  Heck I had a YEAR LONG stall and then started losing again in year 2!  Even when you think you're done, you're probably not!  LOL

Only protein I could stomach was GNC's Isopure powder (not the god awful clear stuff they sell in bottles urgh gag me with a spoon!)  It's pricey but when Its all you are eating sometimes it evens out.  When I ued to get it, the cost was about $50 for a huge tub.  You could sometimes get it on sale or get it on sale once a month in the beginning of the month if you became a gold card member.  For me it was worth it especially when I could eat little else for the first 4 months due to a stricture i developed.  Try as many samples as you can.  Nectar proteins are good too they are light and mix well with either milk or water.  Less expensive then the Isopure also.

Good luck and congratulations on already dropping so many sizes!!!

Mallisa

Kathleen W.
on 7/19/12 2:26 am, edited 7/19/12 2:27 am - Lancaster, PA
It does get easier, believe me.  You're 5 weeks and still learning.  It's going to take a little while to get everything in that you need to do.  I'll be 3 years out  in September and still learning.  And. yes, your taste buds will change.,
brbm
on 7/24/12 10:56 pm
I have too hit a stall :( I am eight weeks out and have lost 34 pounds since surgery. Just got on the soft diet when the changes started with the stall. Thought maybe I am not doing the soft diet right, and having a lot of constipation problems since the change to soft diet also having trouble finding benefiber. I try to eat oatmeal for breakfast, or 1 piece of toast. Lunch usually tuna but its hard to keep down unless i still puree it and do not like how it tastes any more. A protein drink for a snack in the afternoon and dinner some chicken or fish, veg, potato, few bites of each. Later I have some yogurt. and sip sip sip! This is week two of the stall. Go down one pound and back up again.
Most Active