Any lower BMI hopefuls out there? (33)

Carries_Journey
on 7/26/12 12:53 am - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 I have my consultation with Dr. Cirangle next week and am hoping for the VSG sometime in August.  Since my BMI isn't high enough, I'm a self-pay patient.  

Anyone else out there with a lower BMI (either planning surgery or has already had it)?

Just looking to connect...
MsBatt
on 7/26/12 1:40 am
Well, not ME (*LOL!*), but on other boards I know a couple of gals who had the DS at BMIs of about 30, because of their diabetes. They've done realy well, and are diabetes-free.
sam1am
on 7/26/12 1:40 am
Welcome!  There are many and there is a special forum as they (we have our own set of issues that are sometimes different).

Have a look at the Lightweight forum, I'm sure you'll love it!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

BRENDALOU
on 7/26/12 2:55 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12
i am a BMI of 36/37 and scheduled for 7/30.
Carries_Journey
on 7/26/12 3:01 pm - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 I think I may be having surgery on the 31st!! Crazy!
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/12 3:58 am, edited 7/27/12 4:01 am
You are going to do great! My BMI was low, I only needed to lose 97 lbs. I reached goal in 6.5 months and have kept the weight off for the past 2.5 years. You picked a fantastic doctor and if you follow his program, you will be successful beyond your wildest dreams in a very short time. Good luck to you and check out his support groups, they are fantastic. Check out the VSG forum if you haven't already and the maintenance VSG group. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you have.
Carries_Journey
on 7/27/12 4:47 am - CA
VSG on 07/31/12
 Thank you! I'm so glad to hear about people maintaining for such a long time. I never thought it was a possibility for me but I'm starting to think it is! I am totally going to do what he and the dietician tell me to do...I don't want to screw up, especially since I'm paying all of this out of pocket.
jen S.
on 7/29/12 10:46 pm
RNY on 04/18/12
My BMI was 37 pre-op. Now at 29! RNY is the best thing I ever did for myself
Good luck to you!

Jen

JustLucy
on 7/29/12 11:32 pm - Burlington, Canada
Well thats great you are going forward. Best of luck! My BMI is finally 35 after being at 45 and I am so thankful. That 10 percent makes so much difference. All the best to you.

Most Active