Cleared for Cardio

Karyn H.
on 8/4/12 2:20 am - PA
REALIZE Band on 06/27/12
Ok so I got cleared for cardio on Tuesday.  I kept up my walking until this morning when I broke out my old standyby favorite Sweatin to the Oldies 2.  I ordered it on DVD last week and it came yesterday. 
So people make fun of it and they make fun of poor Richard but OMG it is no laughing matter.  I chose that one because it has no learning curve for me.  Many years ago I did it on a regular basis so I still had it memorized.  I also find it to be fun in a silly kind of way.  But what i like about it is it has everything I need.  A warm up, 25 minutes of cardio, weights/endurance training, floor work, stretching and a cool down.  Plus, theres some great music in it. 
So I got into my workout clothes this morning and kicked my kids out of the living room and spent an hour with Richard.  20 minutes in or so I had a few choice words for Richard but I kept plodding along and I managed to do the whole hour!  It was harder than I remember but then I am 20 years older! 
After I was done my daughter (who is doing weigh****chers btw) came in and was laughing at me.  So, I handed her my 3 pound weights and said YOU try it.  She did the weights, the floor work and the cool down and promptly asked me if I would like some company tomorrow when I do it lol.
Final word, Richard is not so bad if you can get past the shorts and the sequins.  i still find him pretty inspirational and motivating and hey it works for me!

southbay311
on 8/4/12 3:28 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
karin I too have many of his exercise tapes and use his toning tapes as well with the bands...they are wonderful and really work!!! I probably have close to 12 different videos from him!

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Amy D.
on 8/4/12 11:19 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Girl, you do not need to defend yourself for Sweatin' to the Oldies! Anything that gets you moving and keeps you moving is a GOOD thing!

I remember doing his tapes with my Mom back in the 80's. Loved it then!

Keep on movin'! You're doing great!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/5/12 2:50 am
 finding exercise you enjoy is key, good for you!

in looking for a photo of Richard to post I found this one I like, at a memmorial for Jack LaLanne, who I also like.   be yourself, whatever that means folks!  

Richard Simmons Fitness guru Richard Simmons is seen near photos of the first television fitness guru, Jack LaLanne, before the start of the funeral service for Jack LaLanne on February 1, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. The

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

baine
on 8/6/12 12:10 am
multiplepetmom said " finding exercise you enjoy is key, good for you!" and I fully agree with that but we also find many excuses not to exercsie and to inspire you all to workout no matter what...

Look at this fast weight loss workout here where the trainer is showing you that you can lose lots of weight real fast under the most meager of cirumstances

Most Active