weird food obsessions - whats yours?

Addie1od
on 8/8/12 5:18 am - philadlephia, PA
this morning my partner told me once again that i am weird ...lol. i have never been one to binge on a specific food, but if i have a bag if jax in the house i will eat them till they are gone - so no jax for me. anyway, since my surgery i have gone thru a few weird food obsessions the 1st one started 4 months out - red peppers. i ate a big fatty red pepper sliced with a little salt every day for about 2 months - EVERY DAY! if i didn't have one, i would walk to the local market close to my office and get one. sometimes, after i ate it i was disappointed that it was done. after that it was (and still sorta is...) brussels sprouts. weird right! if i had my way i could literally eat them every day for dinner. at first i had to stop myself from eating them first so i would eat my protein but then would eat past the point of full and i did not even like them before surgery. i have slacked off but will still have them 2 - 3 times a week - roasted w/ a bit of evoo and crushed garlic. food-gasm!! and now that summer is full on and the garden is bountiful with heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers i am od'ing on them. i dutifully eat my greek yogurt and cheese stick for breakfast and watch the clock till its time for lunch and i break out my tom / cuc salad with a bit of ff raspberry pomegranate dressing. i liked them before but not like this. i have no idea what this is about - but i guess i could binge on worse things right!? red pepper or jax - right now i would pick the pepper - yes, i am weird. its so good i actually feel guilty eating it.

so, is there anything that you like now but did not before? any weird cravings to share?

~addie
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

twellington1
on 8/8/12 5:41 am - NH
I have been doing this too...recently it has been little mozzarella balls wrapped in thin sliced brucetta.  I also have to have peanuts before I go to bed each night.  The worst one is the "cheese its"...I currently have four snack size bags in my car for when I want them.  Was actually thinking about eating some right now but I am not hungry so I got a drink instead.

its-killen-me
on 8/8/12 7:43 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
I am having a problem with cauliflower and ranch dressing, and watermellon. I could eat a cauliflower head in 2 days no problem. I have had 3 in the last week and a half. lol
PoohHag
on 8/9/12 1:15 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 Black olives with a little red wine vinegar!

Really have to watch my portions on those little suckers though since they're high in fat and calories.
MsBatt
on 8/9/12 2:10 pm
Pickles. Or, really, anything vinegar-ie. Like deviled eggs. I've also started liking, sometimes even craving, cole slaw---sharp, vinegar-ie cole slaw.

And I'm over 8.5 YEARS post-op, so I don't think it's gonna go away.

Most Active