I need your input!

MugsyMann
on 8/10/12 4:42 pm - Keller, TX
I talked to my academic adviser yesterday and was informed that as part of my psychology degree plan that I need to come up with and conduct an independent research project.  I want it to be something weight loss surgery related.  I am considering something in regards to transfer addictions.  Any other suggestions?
M M
on 8/10/12 4:49 pm
 That is a super topic.  There is some current information out there regarding gastric bypass and alcoholism.

Google - JAMA -

Prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorders Before and After Bariatric Surgery

Wendy C. King, PhD; Jia-Yuh Chen, MS; James E. Mitchell, MD; Melissa A. Kalarchian, PhD; Kristine J. JAMA. 2012;307(23):2516-2525. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.6147
Louise1974
on 8/10/12 6:35 pm
Exacerbation of PTSD sx post WLS?  I am interested in this as I see many folks who have been "protecting" themselves with weight and when it comes off histories of sexual abuse become really problematic. 

Tammy H.
on 8/11/12 12:55 am - Greenville, OH
I saw a show on tv where this lady lost a lot of weight, and then became addicted to shopping and hoarding...Am sure a project on addictions would be very interesting.

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Kat1313
on 8/11/12 9:08 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
I like Louise's idea about the PTSD.
Alvina300
on 8/11/12 2:54 pm - Canada
Good luck on the project, I'm sure it will be very interesting.  This is one of my fears with past addictions.

Thanks
Alvina
Kathleen W.
on 8/11/12 3:04 pm - Lancaster, PA
Go for it. 

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active