suregery in Mexico

janamaughan
on 8/13/12 1:01 pm - Lehi, UT
Hi, I am seriously considering having gastric by pass surgery in Mexico. I am looking for advice from anyone who has gone south of the boarder to have suergery. Who was your surgeon? What was your experience, was it worth the savings if you are self pay??

Thank you!!
MARIA F.
on 8/13/12 2:37 pm - Athens, GA

I haven't revised yet, but have been researching revision in MX. I would probably use Aceves. A lot of OH'ers have used him and I haven't heard anything negative about him.

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 4:14 pm
You may do better by going to the forum on here for surgeries in Mexico.  There you will find alot of information.
rainyone
on 8/13/12 9:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Ponce De Leon was my dr. I've heard good things about Dr Aceves, Dr ALverez( not almanza) and Dr joya.

I had a great experience with Dr Ponce and Trish as my co ordinator. My sister came with me and then decided to get hers done there 2 months later.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Valerie G.
on 8/14/12 10:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I would highly recommend Dr. Gilberto Ungson in Hermasillo, MX.  He performs all of the procedures (DS, VSG, RNY) and has a huge list of fans.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active