Making change pre-op

Louise1974
on 8/11/12 7:16 pm
I am waiting for insurance approval and trying to make the changes that will make me successful post op.  On this weekend's calender:  a five hour stand up paddleboard adventure.  I was nervous about it because I will be out there, with a bunch of fit people, in a bathing suit.  But I was still feeling good about it.  Now I just found out that the gal leading it is this shockingly beautiful woman who is very thin and has been that way her entire life and just has no idea.  so now I am really freaking out.  But you know what?  I am doing it anyway.  I have been thin (well, sortof thin) and really really fat and it never seems to matter, shove me into a bathing suit and it doesn't matter what size I am, I feel crummy.  So I am doing it and I am going to notice how great my body feels and how beautiful the lake is and how big the sky is.  Feeling good about having this forum to get some support. 
Missey J.
on 8/12/12 12:55 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with

You go get them !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
JJ_
on 8/12/12 1:52 am
The world is made up of a lot of different shapes and sizes.  Congrats on planning and fitting activity into you everyday life.

Judy
Kat1313
on 8/12/12 2:22 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
You go, girl!  Have a wonderful time!
Kathy
Princess Brandy
on 8/12/12 5:35 am - PA
 Sounds like a fabulous trip! 
Im betting she is a very nice person as well as stunning, otherwise she would never get clients on her trips. 
        http://poundsago.blogspot.com/.  My daughters weightloss blog, would love if you all support her in her journey. 
Esta F.
on 8/12/12 6:30 am - IL
RNY on 07/25/12
Good for you!  Have a great time!

SueBee01
on 8/12/12 11:07 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Good for you! Enjoy the day, the people with you and the scenery.
 Sue

Louise1974
on 8/12/12 1:57 pm
Just got back.  It was an AWESOME trip.  I am so glad I pushed myself.  She was beautiful as ever but she is a lovely person and was really encouraging, as were the three other guys on the trip who were totally totally RIPPED!  So it was the three of them and me!  but they were all very nice and I kept up just fine.  And the scenery was soooo amazing.  i tried to focus on that.  i even fell off a bunch of times and had to climb back on in full view of all but hey, so be it.  I will say that next year I am hoping to be lots smaller and hoping my feet won't hurt so much and hoping I might be feeling even more amazing but I am satisfied for now!  thanks for all the support.

Kat1313
on 8/12/12 3:58 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Oh, I'm so happy you had a great time!  Good for you getting out there and not being intimidated just because some of the others were thinner/fitter/whatever.  If you're this positive and proactive before surgery, I'm sure you're going to do great after surgery.
Kathy
SueBee01
on 8/12/12 4:14 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Glad you had a great time! You WILL be calling yourself HOT next year.
 Sue

Most Active