Liver Issues Post OP

Kathryn B.
on 8/14/12 9:33 pm - Midwest City, OK
Questions for anyone/everyone.  I am about 6 and half year post op and receently had to undergo liver resection surgery for a gaint hemangiona.  I know this issue can be caused by bad genes, but I am also wondering if fatty liver can cause this or if any one else has had an experince with this post op.  I was at the starting of fatty liver issues before my banding and after losing the weight all liver checks came back ok but in the course of a little under 18 months I went from great to have issues with fatty liver, a hemangiona, and needing surgery to save my life otherwise I would have ended up with major health problems and possible liver failure.  I am three months post op from liver resection and on the mend but just full of questions.

Kat1313
on 8/15/12 3:43 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
I don't know if this can be a WLS related problem, but I have a friend at work who is tiny - like a size 4 all her life, eats health, etc., and she has a huge hemangioma on her liver.  They don't know what caused hers either. 
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/15/12 5:20 am
 it is my understanding that both being overweight and losing a lot of weight is hard on your liver.  hopefully someone who knows more about this will be along. 

wishing you the best!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active