I might be morbidly obese but...

Louise1974
on 8/30/12 6:30 pm
I swam across Lake Champlain today!!!!!  Woo hoo!!!!!!  In 18-20 mph winds and white cap waves.  My friend (who is a goddess and looks like one too) said she had never paddled in such difficult conditions and i swam the whole way!  Woo hoo!  I just keep thinking, if I can do this with an extra 100 lbs imagine what I will be able to do in a year?  Surgery in 26 days.  I am freaking out but feeling in my deepest soul that it is the right choice for me. 
Linda_S
on 8/30/12 7:31 pm - Eugene, OR
Congratulations to you!  That's a great achievement.  I'm wishing you all the best with your surgery.  I had RNY and, while I have ended up with some unplanned-for consequences, I can say that I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.  There's nothing like being able to move around without your own body getting in your way!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

its-killen-me
on 8/30/12 7:38 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Thats incredible.  Congratulaions.  I hope surgery goes well for you, sounds like you are healthy so you should do fine. totally amazing!!!
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Wrapdiva
on 8/31/12 7:35 pm - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Wow!!  Way to rock it out!!  That is a great accomplishment!!!  

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

tinamarie_125
on 9/2/12 6:13 pm
 That's awesome!!
Louise1974
on 9/2/12 6:24 pm
Thanks for all the encouragement!  I have been feeling great about this all week.  My surgery date is Sept 25th and I want to do at least two ADK high peaks before then.  It is really fun looking at the maps and picking a fun adventure.  And it is really fun to think about doing this next year with so much less weight.  I am nervous but feeling really good!
Most Active