NEED Info on TT and very nervous!!

Pitoune
on 9/11/12 8:54 pm, edited 9/11/12 9:00 pm - Montréal, Canada
I am looking for information on tummy tucks... I don't know why but I didn't realize there were so many kinds. I will be 6 years post-op in a couple of days and I have not reached goal and probably never will but as long as I maintain this weight as the highest and work hard to relose some of the weight i've gained back i'm happy.

Now my question is has anyone regretted the tummy tuck? Because i'm very nervous to have this operation much more so then when I had the RNY I also have a 4 year old daughter now that I want to make sure i'm there for.. :)

I have a Plastic surgeon appt. this Wednesday to see if my case will be covered by insurance for a Panniculectomy.

Any info or questions that I should ask my doctor please feel free to tell me....

Thanks for any responses.

** I've already posted this on the Plastic surgery forum but not sure on how much traffic there is over there.
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

Sarah27136
on 9/12/12 5:31 am
RNY on 07/25/12
Good luck with all you do!!  Unfortunetly, I am only 7 weeks post op today, and do not have the skin problem yet, but I have heard through the grape vine that if your PCP has documentation of sores. infection, yeast problems, or general issue between flaps of skin, then your insurance is more likely to cover plastic surgery to remove it!  Good luck and God bless!

Sarah
Pitoune
on 9/12/12 7:48 pm - Montréal, Canada
Thank you !! Supposed to be seing Doctor tomorrow if I don't chicken out!! :)
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

Hislady
on 9/12/12 7:13 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well for starters there's a difference between a panniculectomy and a tummy tuck. Most insurances will cover a panni if you are having issues with rashes or belly skin gets in the way of excersizing. However a panni is just the removal of the excess skin only, no tightening of the muscles or fine tuning to make it look nice. A full tummy tuck involves tightening the underlying muscles and makes it look nice and hopefully nearly normal. That is usually not covered under insurance and is considered cosmetic where the panni is covered as reconstructive. So hopefully your surgeon can explain it better and once in awhile they will charge the panni part to insurance and let you self pay for the difference between the surgeries for a full TT. Good luck to you!
Pitoune
on 9/12/12 7:52 pm - Montréal, Canada
Thank you!! I didn't understand the difference and these will be questions that I will be able to ask tomorrow. :)
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

MyLady Heidi
on 9/12/12 7:45 pm
No regrets at all, my tt was in 2006 and this pic was taken this summer.  I will be 48 in two weeks.

Pitoune
on 9/12/12 7:57 pm - Montréal, Canada
Thanks Heidi!! You look great!!  You're on the boards more often have you heard if anyone has regretted the Panni? Pain I can handle it is something that will pass... I'm worried more about complications, I am more worried about seing a Plastic Surgeon now then when I was having RNY!! I guess then I had nothing to lose and now I have a 4 yr old that needs me and a Husband that wants me to hang aroud still.... :))
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

Most Active