Post op diet tips

Louise1974
on 9/22/12 6:28 pm
I am getting ready for my RNY on Sept 25th (holy cow!).  My husband wants ideas for what sorts of food/drinks to have on hand for when i get home.  any ideas?  What was really helpful?
nodid
on 9/22/12 8:11 pm
The things that saved me for the first two weeks after surgery are:

Crystal Light or Wylers sugar free drink mix

Sugar Free Popsicles - I found sugar free fruit bars that were much tastier than just plain popsicles.

Sugar Free Jello

Broth - I actually strained a can of Chicken Noodle Soup because it tasted better than just plain broth.

Best of luck to you.

Angie~

Paul Carrick
on 9/23/12 1:44 pm, edited 9/22/12 6:46 pm - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
I'm going to "second" broth. After a few days when my mind was screaming for solid food it was the one thing that got me through. I'd have a cup of chicken or beef broth and at least it felt like I eaten something. I particularly liked the Knorr Homestyle Stock packets. Easy and good.

Crystal Light helped me with the hyrdation too (I got tired of water quickly).

Good Luck. I hope it goes well. Let us know how it goes.

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

Rochelle82
on 9/23/12 2:45 pm - OK
Anything sugar-free gives me (sorry) gas and I havent even had surgery yet. I guess thats not something that happens with everyone, but if it does now, you might be even more uncomfortable with it after surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Paul Carrick
on 9/23/12 4:06 pm - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Have you tried the flavored vitamin waters (obviously the non-carbinated ones)? The ones without atrifical swweetners. Perhaps that might be an option?

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

Most Active