3 days post-op, loving life!

Louise1974
on 9/27/12 1:10 am
Had my RNY on the morning of the 25th.  The discharged me on the 26th and I am home with my family and LOVING LIFE!  It feels so great to be home and I am doing really well.  I am sure I will have some rough moments in the next few months but for now I am doing great.  I am really really grateful for this second chance.
chickiedoo123
on 9/27/12 3:59 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12
Congrats!
Ellie                
lumina99
on 10/2/12 4:07 pm - ME
 Great! I like to hear stories like this! I am just beginning my journey. My first appt with the surgeon is Thursday. A bit anxious but excited too. How long before surgery? I've heard anything from 3-6 mos. I dont wanna wait that long!
Louise1974
on 10/3/12 11:56 pm
I really spent a lot of time on the forums before surgery just gathering info and learning about what it is like.  But I was often reading about problems and complications, which do happen.  but it is nice to know that it doesn't always happen that way.  I waited about four months.  I am lucky that I was able to take every single appt they offered, even one at 6am, good grief.  That helped me move right along.  The four months was also good because I used it to really clean up my diet and get really fit.  I swam across Lake Champlain (3 miles) and did some big hiking before surgery and I think that has really contributed to how well I have done.  I am nine days out and went hiking yesterday and feel nearly completely fine.  Good luck!  Learn every thing you can and make sure you get as fit as possible before surgery!
Most Active