Insurance

lumina99
on 10/2/12 3:48 pm - ME
 Hi I am new to this website and am going for a consultation with the surgeon on Thursday. I was wondering for those of you that have Cigna as health insurance, how hard is it to get approved? And how long will i have to wait to know if i've been approved? Just a bit nervous!
kathkeb
on 10/3/12 7:49 am
 It depends on the particular policy that your employer carries.

Check your own policy .... Print it off and read it to see what it covers relative to bariatric procedures.

I have United Healthcare, but my employer does not pay for the bariatric rider, so I got no coverage ..... It has nothing to do with UHC, it has to do with my particular coverage.
Kath

MsBatt
on 10/3/12 11:36 am
You need to call your insurance company, with your insurance card in hand. You MUST have your card and your policy number because---you and I might work for the same company, but not have the same coverage. If you work in Cubicle A, and I work in Cubicle B, and our friend works in Cubicle C---we may ALL have different coverage. (Sad, but true.)

You ALSO need to have a written copy for YOUR policy. Don't trust what people tell you on the phone. Much of the time they don't know, they're just saying what they think you want to hear. And it's not enforceable---they could tell you that they cover you for surgery  on Mars, but that doesn't mean they're going to pay your way there.
lumina99
on 10/3/12 1:36 pm - ME
 Thank you both! I called and got a woman to read from my healthcare`s website, because I wasn`t near the computer. It helped me a lot. Wish me luck tomorrow!
Most Active