HELP I HAVE LOSS MY WLS MOJO....

naworth1
on 10/17/12 5:03 am - NC
I am 20 pounds from my goal weight and I have fluctuated from 168-164 for 3 months. I am about 13 months out from gastric bypass. I get my water and protein in each day. 
I don't have a regular work out (DUE TO ARTHRITIS), but I eat three small meals a day, but my appetite has increased so I am starting to get worried.

I have kinda lost my weight loss mojo. I was doing so well. As my weight came off I lost my basic WLS secrets. I need some suggestions how to get back on track to loose these last 20 pounds.  I need some practical suggestions on foods and exercise.

PLEASE HELP!
kpenn1971
on 10/17/12 5:11 am
I hear tha****er aerobics can be really great for arthritis. Do you have access to a gym that offers classes?  That should send those extra 20 packing.

kpenn1971
on 10/17/12 5:13 am
water aerobics (sheesh)

Creole Momma
on 10/17/12 5:18 am - Hutto, TX
HI,  bike riding is less stress on the joints, maybe give that a try.  You can do this!!!
Denise
Patm
on 10/17/12 5:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I have arthritis and enjoy both aquafit and biking. Try to find a pool where the water is not really cold. That is not good for the joints.

naworth1
on 10/17/12 5:43 am - NC
Thanks everyone. I went to visit a local gym that had everything there indoor and outdoor pool, wonderful gym, and great classes and was recently remodeled. It was awesome. I am going to try and join. Its just so expensive and I am on a tight budget, but at this point I will sacrifice for the results I want. WLS has been a blessing and I refuse to let this gift fall by waist-side. This website is so inspirational and everyone is so helpful.

Thanks for all your suggestions and all feedback is welcome!
MsBatt
on 10/17/12 6:55 am
A number on a scale doesn't mean success. How do you FEEL? Are you HEALTHY? Are you HAPPY?

Most people who have WLS DO NOT reach an 'ideal' weight. Those of us who have been obese for years have denser, heavier bones--a GOOD thing--and stronger muscles (another GOOD thing.)
Normal' BMIs don't really apply to us.

If you're healthy, happy, and feel good---who gives a good god-damn what your 'goal weight' was?
Most Active