When Will It End???

ms_ella78
on 10/16/12 2:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12
 I have always heard other people talk about it but I just knew that I was going to defy the odds of it happening to me...So wrong. I have come to my first stall..sigh I'm one month post op ..wondering if it's me that went wrong somewhere. I wonder if it's going to just be this week or am I in for bitter disappointment. I and seriously trying to get under the 400 mark and these 32 pounds are taunting me. This is with workout and all.....Anyone have any suggestions on how to break this stall? And any ideas on how long this is going to last. I'm not usually a depressed person but this has gotten me down a bit.
colleen1954
on 10/16/12 2:29 am - Canada
 Hi i am at my one year mark and there are stalls all the way they come and go . Stay positive and keep up the good work . I find if you are weighing yourself a lot it is depressing my advice is stay off the scale go by how your clothes fit . Good luck .

Colleen
missyshy
on 10/16/12 2:33 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Don't get discouraged, your body is adjusting to the trama 
Im in midst of my 1st stall just under 1 month post and have been for 2 weeks *sigh* 
My suggestion get your measurements now! I've dropped 1 lb in 2 weeks and yet I'm in a smaller pant size, Bravia big I'm shrinking in actual size even tho my scale won't acknowledge it!lol. It takes time, so just give scale to a friend for a few weeks. Do your program, keep working out and measure and you will survive your stall

coconutatthebeach
on 10/16/12 3:19 am
Yes. Look a little bit further down the board and you will see what I posted about my recent stall or plateau and how I broke it, thanks to the advice of people here on the board.
T M.
on 10/16/12 3:59 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 09/20/12
Everyone here has given some great advice. I've read many people post the same annoyance. The best suggestion that I read was to leave the scale alone for while. One poster even put that he weighs himself once a month. YES ONCE A MONTH. I know it sounds crazy but he that it was extremely helpful. He never once hit a stall. Each month he saw significant weight loss. Just a thought. Personally I couldn't do it, but it might work for you.
littleskie
on 10/16/12 5:56 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I started at 450 lbs. Now i'm just under 200 lbs. I hit many stalls. You will get thru them. Just make sure you are getting in protein first, low carb veggies second and if you still have room then a carb.

If you can stand to do it stay away from the scale for awhile. It makes for more anxiety. I had to have my son hide the scale and bring it out once a week for awhile there.

Good luck and you can do this!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

ms_ella78
on 10/16/12 7:56 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12
 Thanks everyone....I think it's going to be a good idea to not focus on the scale. I will continue my rountine and weigh myself a month from now...I do have a check up in the 1st week of November that would be the perfect time to see my progress....Thanks again
sterror83
on 10/17/12 1:56 am - NY
besides my initial loss of water weight my first 2 week loss was 1 lbs and I got damn depressed which didn't help me since mixing depression with the extreme pain i was in.  but just keep looking foward and as others said just wiegh yourself monthly and just focus on getting yourself on the right track and a routine for your pills, your protien, and your excercise it will come off.
kpenn1971
on 10/17/12 6:24 am
Just remember this surgery ALWAYS works!!!  You are one month out and your body is just having a wee bit of a temper tantrum.  Work the tool and it will work for you. You may not see the numbers always move, but it is working.  Hang in there.  You are in this for the long haul.  If it doesn't come off this month it will next month.  And remember you are already smaller and weigh less than you did before.

Most Active